Page 4 of 5

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 15:31
by hokomoko
RickHustle wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 15:14
It good and right and it's yours own business but it should not broke all project in result, right?
If i want to start to develop spring for increase my technical challenge i should not do destructive changes? How could you feel yourself if i will register from a lot of accounts and make own changes in project that kill all of your job? I will do it for my increase my self-confidence as developer but i don;'t think that you will like it.

I think there is should be rules and vector of development. Maybe it should be testers/players requests.
But you can't make changes to our version of the code because you don't have permissions...
If you want to break everything on your own copy - feel free :)
Flash wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 15:18
Noone is stopping you from your technical challenge!

Noone is stopping you from boosting your selfconvindence!

We neither have the power to stop that nor do we want it.

So why do you missuse your power and stop us from playing?
With open source, even we don't have the power to do that

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 15:36
by dansan
Once there was a motor (some say "engine"), a car and drivers.
The car was much loved by drivers, but as time progressed and technology advanced it became on oldtimer.
There were some brave (and reckless) engineers that tried to update the car to work with the every advancing motors, but the drivers didn't like the new car.
The engineers knew that at some point the oldtimer would not be allowed to drive on public roads anymore. The engineers knew that even with a lot of effort, they could never make the oldtimer sound exactly like before, if it had a new engine. So they took the liberty and made even more adjustments. Thus it was even harder to make it sound like the old engine. So the engineers and the drivers had difficulties finding common ground. They fought a lot about the sound of the new car and ultimately nobody was left to work on it.
Then came the time to save the planet and remove pollution from the air and old engines were forbidden.
Now the drivers cannot driver their beloved oldtimer any more and yell at the anti pollution policy.

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 15:39
by Kloot
Mando wrote:How some of your clients have the power to go into the office of other clients of yours and ban their customers or destroy the office itself?
The BA9/PA offices were actually unoccupied, which brings me back to point 1) of viewtopic.php?p=590653#p590653.

The only reason BA10 migrated to 104 is that its developers liked the engine.

RickHustle wrote:Under Windows, this update system works poor.
Sure, 104+ may have exposed some weaknesses in the lobby update system. Such technical issues can be fixed though, social ones less easily.

RickHustle wrote:The balance of BA has changed and many people do not like it.
While that's regrettable if you are a fan of "old" BA (wherever you draw the line), player balance preferences are not really our problem to worry about.

RickHustle wrote:These updates of the engine versions do not bring any changes in terms of fixing bugs
1) look at mantis or the commit log if you want to know what and how much is getting done
2) sticking with 103 forever in your own little private bubble universe doesn't bring any changes either, wouldn't you agree?

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 15:43
by Flash
dansan wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 15:36
Once there was a motor (some say "engine"), a car and drivers.
The car was much loved by drivers, but as time progressed and technology advanced it became on oldtimer.
There were some brave (and reckless) engineers that tried to update the car to work with the every advancing motors, but the drivers didn't like the new car.
The engineers knew that at some point the oldtimer would not be allowed to drive on public roads anymore. The engineers knew that even with a lot of effort, they could never make the oldtimer sound exactly like before, if it had a new engine. So they took the liberty and made even more adjustments. Thus it was even harder to make it sound like the old engine. So the engineers and the drivers had difficulties finding common ground. They fought a lot about the sound of the new car and ultimately nobody was left to work on it.
Then came the time to save the planet and remove pollution from the air and old engines were forbidden.
Now the drivers cannot driver their beloved oldtimer any more and yell at the anti pollution policy.
The car could have been driven 20 more years and being used for its purpuse. While now its rusting in the garage people have to walk and hope for mighty developers to appear to maybe build a new car sometime else

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:11
by Flash
Flash wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 15:43
dansan wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 15:36
Once there was a motor (some say "engine"), a car and drivers.
The car was much loved by drivers, but as time progressed and technology advanced it became on oldtimer.
There were some brave (and reckless) engineers that tried to update the car to work with the every advancing motors, but the drivers didn't like the new car.
The engineers knew that at some point the oldtimer would not be allowed to drive on public roads anymore. The engineers knew that even with a lot of effort, they could never make the oldtimer sound exactly like before, if it had a new engine. So they took the liberty and made even more adjustments. Thus it was even harder to make it sound like the old engine. So the engineers and the drivers had difficulties finding common ground. They fought a lot about the sound of the new car and ultimately nobody was left to work on it.
Then came the time to save the planet and remove pollution from the air and old engines were forbidden.
Now the drivers cannot driver their beloved oldtimer any more and yell at the anti pollution policy.
The car could have been driven 20 more years and being used for its purpuse. While now its rusting in the garage people have to walk and hope for mighty developers to appear to maybe build a new car sometime else
And why should be the engineers of the old motor be the ones to decide which new motor should drive your car?

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:33
by abma
Flash wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:11
And why should be the engineers of the old motor be the ones to decide which new motor should drive your car?
our garage, our motor and our streets.

also this really goes off-topic. there are several hints about how to you could solve your issues / improve the situation.

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:45
by CARTOUCHE
abma wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:33
our garage, our motor and our streets.
And why would engineers choose a new motor that excludes women (mac users) from driving?

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:50
by abma
CARTOUCHE wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:45
And why would engineers choose a new motor that excludes women (mac users) from driving?
because we like to build a new and better motor: women just don't have a key to start the new engine. :-P

still: IMHO there are no nice real world examples to explain the situation.

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:51
by TractorBamnsh
You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:54
by abma
TractorBamnsh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:51
You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.
Godwin’s law striked back! :lol:

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:56
by hokomoko
TractorBamnsh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:51
You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.
Who you gonna call exactly? zerver?

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:56
by Mando
abma wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:50
CARTOUCHE wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:45
And why would engineers choose a new motor that excludes women (mac users) from driving?
because we like to build a new and better motor: women just don't have a key to start the engine. :-P

still: IMHO there are no nice real world examples to explain the situation.
Their key has been stolen?
Maybe same guy who stole your bicycle? xD

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 16:58
by abma
Mando wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:56
Their key has been stolen?
Maybe same guy who stole your bicycle? xD
from now on i'll (try to) not respond to offtopic posts. others should do the same, please.

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 17:13
by Mando
abma wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:58
Mando wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:56
Their key has been stolen?
Maybe same guy who stole your bicycle? xD
from now on i'll (try to) not respond to offtopic posts. others should do the same, please.
I think i have just seen a glitch on this last post.
1 min ago i read "next off topic post i will split the post".
Now it magically changed to "from now on i'll (try to) not respond to offtopic posts."
Very suspicious...
Bug?

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 17:18
by Flash
hokomoko wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:56
TractorBamnsh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:51
You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.
Who you gonna call exactly? zerver?
If you have his number yes.
His version had like 10x better performance than anything i saw here

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 17:57
by Ares
It's not players or engine devs fault that a new engine version of BA hasn't been adopted yet.

But there's no benefit for engine devs frustration to be taken out on players by restricting version, it doesn't help adoption of new versions, it just divides an already small community for no reason.

BA player like new engines and improved performance, just a popular version that uses new engine hasn't been released yet and that isn't the player's fault. Silver has mentioned he may work on a 105 high performance of BA, however, like you say its a small community and it takes time. I think restricting stuff just risks existing players leaving in the meantime and doesn't really benefit anyone.

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 20:55
by Forboding Angel
Image
Screenshot_20190411-115158__01.jpg
Apply cold water to burned area
(107.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 20:58
by Forboding Angel
Flash wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 17:18
hokomoko wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:56
TractorBamnsh wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 16:51
You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap. I know my rights. I want my phone call.
Who you gonna call exactly? zerver?
If you have his number yes.
His version had like 10x better performance than anything i saw here
Oh sweet summer child. Zerver was the one with the Grand Master plan to remove lua, because ya, that bodes well for the future of that fork.

Edit: and to address Ares comment: If you and most of the people bitching in this thread left, I would venture that the atmosphere would instantly be FAR less toxic, racist, homophobic... So, bon voyage! Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 21:16
by Ares
Forboding Angel wrote:
11 Apr 2019, 20:58
the atmosphere would instantly be FAR less toxic, racist, homophobic
whenever I joined BA discord I often saw you spamming racist and homophobic slurs

coming from the inventor of the botflag its pretty rich. your first commit message to BA doesn't make it seem like you have good intentions for the community

https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... 1d3dfc32b1

Re: [misc] enforcment of spring >= 104.0 for autohosts with botflag

Posted: 11 Apr 2019, 21:38
by RickHustle
I have great proposal for developers wich think that they don't need players. Let's replace url of default Official server to new uberserver of Mando. Developers could to continue their work makes more bugs or kill the project at all as they wish and other people will enjoy their old bugged but worked game. All will be satisfy.