[game][Evolution RTS] Resource layouts, Extraction schemes, Visual Representation, and how I fixed it.

[game][Evolution RTS] Resource layouts, Extraction schemes, Visual Representation, and how I fixed it.

Happenin' news on what is happening in the community. Content releases, new tutorials, other cool stuff.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Today I'd like to explain what I've been working on for the past several weeks. This wouldn't be even remotely possible if not for the work done by CommonPlayer (Stowtemid). Without him, this idea would have been dead on arrival.

The Issue: Mappers currently take a shotgun approach to resource layouts. They try to put resourcing locations in strategic places, and try to define resourcing amounts that will work for for most, if not all games using the spring engine. Unfortunately, that approach will generally work well for one game, and be fairly mediocre for others.

Read More...

If you like my updates, consider subscribing so that you can get updates sent to your email!
smoth

Re: [game][Evolution RTS] Resource layouts, Extraction schemes, Visual Representation, and how I fixed it.

Post by smoth »

I like the fact that you are taking the initiative to establish relevant resource spots for maps. It is nice as maps being made in the generalist sense are more difficult if not impossible

Return to “Community Blog”