[game] [Evolution RTS] What’s been happening with Evolution RTS?

Happenin' news on what is happening in the community. Content releases, new tutorials, other cool stuff.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

What’s been happening with Evolution RTS and how it’s gameplay has grown!
Posted on June 23, 2016 by Forboding Angel

Hi everyone, it’s been quite a while since I posted any news about EvoRTS and specifically changes to the gameplay, so this post is intended to bring everyone up to speed.

Continue reading →

Development Updates, massive strides forward, lots of goodies!
Posted on July 30, 2016 by Forboding Angel

It’s been a little over a month since I posted any development updates, so I figured it was time to spill a little bit on the details. So far, we have Custom Unit Shaders, Working Scoreboard, Another map done, New music, Testing Server, Chobby, Get notified of news updates. Wanna know more?

Continue reading →

Evolution RTS Discord Server! v10.00 Released!!! h-Bot units ingame! New Loadscreens! 5 ways that playing Evo cures cancer (You won't believe number 3)!
Posted on August 20, 2016 by Forboding Angel

Hows that for a clickbait title eh? So to address the elephant in the room, Yes v10.00 has been released. It is simply a stable version of the alpha I have been working on. The funny thing is, the alpha is more stable than the previous released version and plays nicely with more computer setups, so it ends up being a plus all the way around. Just a warning, this post is going to be quite heavy on the imagery…

Continue reading →
Silentwings

Re: [game] What’s been happening with Evolution RTS?

Post by Silentwings »

Not wishing to discourage anyone from writing extensive documentation, but it might be better if the front page of the website only reproduced the first screenfull of a long community blog post!
hokomoko
Spring Developer

Post by hokomoko »

It could've been nicer to split it into a detailed forum post and a smaller news post with the main points and a link to the former.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Silentwings wrote:Not wishing to discourage anyone from writing extensive documentation, but it might be better if the front page of the website only reproduced the first screenfull of a long community blog post!
I thought the same thing. Maybe limit it to like the first 100 words or so? Kinda like the way wordpress does it as seen here: http://www.evolutionrts.info
hokomoko wrote:It could've been nicer to split it into a detailed forum post and a smaller news post with the main points and a link to the former.
Honestly at this point, doing that would require a lot of work and I totally forgot about the community posts. In the future when I'm crossposting to steam I'll post here as well.
hokomoko
Spring Developer

Post by hokomoko »

At the very least you can hide/transfer most of the new loading screens. They make the bulk of the vertical length of the post and murder the loading time of the front page.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

wee progress :D
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

The changes looks like the huge game breaking changes. Graphics of EvoRTS was driven to new level seems! GJ Angel.

Btw my professional deformation forces me to comment the form of the promotion (take as feedback, not acid)
  • Title is saying nothing about content inside. Major release announcement is better way to do that
  • I like the title image (scale, colors), but its hard to judge for me if the selling points of the EvoRTS are captured there properly
  • Using first person in article is fine on dev-blog or forum or project page, as others mentioned maybe one image + few formal sentences on the springrts home page would be enough and from there you can link your dev space where you can use informal way of the communication
Anyway cutting whats on the front page is really important. Please solve it with priority (I thought redaction systems like WordPress or phpBB have some primitive implemented for it)

I was mentioning that in viewtopic.php?t=35338 as well that some redaction before releasing something on home page is needed. Even review by some second person can catch major mistakes like syntax issues, typos, etc.

If anyone is interested in review in future, just ping me in PM.

------

Btw hokomoko seems to be active as hell from what i read here :) He has his fingers even in Evo! GJ
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

That post was 3 newsposts rolled into one. It didn't make sense to triple post 3 news posts that were originally 3 months apart, so I rolled it into one.

http://www.evolutionrts.info/180/evolut ... lay-grown/
http://www.evolutionrts.info/208/develo ... s-goodies/
http://www.evolutionrts.info/250/evolut ... -number-3/

Return to “Community Blog”