[game] Missions Have Arrived!

Happenin' news on what is happening in the community. Content releases, new tutorials, other cool stuff.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

Spring Engine's single player experience has been newly jumpstarted by the release of a new tool, Mission Editor, and updates to SpringDownloader and TASClient, which have opened up a colossal number of possibilities for players and developers alike.

The hub of the newly released content creation and delivery system is Mission Editor, the newest production of the Complete Annihilation Team. The mission editor enables anyone to quickly create and share missions. No coding knowledge is required, so skilled developers and enthusiastic players alike can easily create missions for their favorite games. The mission editor can create and give orders to units, manipulate the camera, show messages, pictures, and sounds, enable and disable units, and more, along with other capabilities that we are assured are on the way.

Once a mission is complete, its maker can automatically upload it to a server, where it can then be instantly seen, selected, downloaded, and played either through the new "missions" tab in the ubiquitous SpringDownloader application or through a less intuitive web interface. Support for these missions has also been added to TASClient, and even now, players are enjoying thrilling co-operative missions.

Download Mission Editor here.

Missions are available either from SpringDownloader, which may be found here or from this website.

Look here for instructions concerning missions downloaded through the website

See the original posting here.

EDIT - Please omit the following from the actual SpringInfo posting:
While I was writing this, one of the biggest gripes was that it has a bit of a commercial tone to it. I've toned it down quite a bit from the draft, but if anybody thinks it's still too "Presto amaze-o!" drop me a line and I'll try making a bit milder. :P
-MidKnight

Posted: Thanks! -FA
Blue_Falcon

Re: Missions Have Arrived!

Post by Blue_Falcon »

Why is there no linux version? >.<
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

Missions? Finally missions?

:oops: Ho boy. The urge, it's pulling me in again.
:twisted: I guess i will just have to install Spring again to check it out.
:oops: Nooo! It's been some 3 years since i desintoxicated from Spring. Must .. resist .. temptation.
:twisted: I can always stop playing whenever i want, right? Right?
:oops: Yeah, right. That has always worked before. No! I have been accomplishing things. Must not go back!
:twisted: Hmmm, missions...
:oops: Hgnnn! Hgnnnn! Ha, crap..... You bastards.
ScarySquirrel

Post by ScarySquirrel »

And just as quickly...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I assume this is a rezz. But why? Why give people false hope ScarySquirrel?

Also, maybe I'll take the opportunity to place an add for my own mission system, althought it's not really missions but merely spawning tons of units and orders at game start.
ScarySquirrel

Post by ScarySquirrel »

zwzsg wrote:But why? Why give people false hope ScarySquirrel?
Because I am practicing. This could be how I make my living in the future.
I recognize that hope. You know that the man running the Find the Lady game is going to win, you know that people in distress don't sell diamond rings for a fraction of their value, you know that life generally hands you the sticky end of the stick, and you know that God doesn't pick some everyday undeserving fuck out of the population and hand them a fortune.

Except that, this time, you might be wrong, right? It might just happen, yes?

And this is known as the greatest of treasures, which is Hope. It is a good way getting poorer really very quickly, and staying poor. It could be you. But it won't be.
Gota

Post by Gota »

ScarySquirrel wrote:
zwzsg wrote:But why? Why give people false hope ScarySquirrel?
Because I am practicing. This could be how I make my living in the future.
I recognize that hope. You know that the man running the Find the Lady game is going to win, you know that people in distress don't sell diamond rings for a fraction of their value, you know that life generally hands you the sticky end of the stick, and you know that God doesn't pick some everyday undeserving fuck out of the population and hand them a fortune.

Except that, this time, you might be wrong, right? It might just happen, yes?

And this is known as the greatest of treasures, which is Hope. It is a good way getting poorer really very quickly, and staying poor. It could be you. But it won't be.
Your training to be an asshole?

Return to “Community Blog”