Maximum Annihilation Release Trailer zipped
(5.45 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Re: Maximum Annihilation Release Trailer

Post by NOiZE »

flv format, superbad quality ;-;

EDIT,

owh i guess that is needed for the site ;)
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Yup - the others were flvs so I looked at their resolution and bitrate and made something similar. I uploaded it as a .zip because the forum didn't accept the .flv file directly - maybe there needs to be a change of rights for that...

EDIT:
Well when reading through the wiki I just read that there should be sent a pic for the video too which gets shown as "placeholder". What resolution etc. should it have? I'll attach a pic with the video's resolution to this posting...

EDIT2:
Well I removed it again after reading about it needing a "play button". Could you give us a standard one so every video will have the same?
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Oh, I guess it would be better if it indeed was possible to attach flv files.. I'll see what I can do about that.

The image could just be a screenshot from the video I guess. I also think it works better if it has a play button on it (the video player doesn't add it). Perhaps I could make the thumbnailing function add this as needed though..

Also, the text of the post is what is parsed for the keywords that can be filtered by on the media page, each line = one tag. So it would probably be better if it just read something like "Maximum Annihilation".
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Well I guess you should update the instructions about what to do in order to add videos, give a sample image of that play-button and then delete this topic so we can start fresh and new... :wink:

Oh and if you manage to get flv upload working for all users, should we attach the video still with the play button on it just as JPEG in the same posting?

EDIT:
Some suggestions on a good flv converter might be good too. I used THAT ONE but I don't know if it uses the most recent flash video codec...
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Yeah, I'll try to update the instructions during the week. I think flv should be allowed now at least. But I still have to look into adding the play button directly on the server.

Can check what flv converter I used, it was free at least. Perhaps it's the same one you used, don't remember. :)
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Any news on this?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Reupload in a new thread with the proper file format.

[edit] To clarify, the setup parses directly from a forum thread, so we need one we can move over.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

And what about the picture you have to add too and the playbutton? What should be its size, resolution and does it need to have a play button on it or does the server finally apply that one?

Someone knows if there is a better freeware converter than that one I linked? I had the feeling it doesn't use the updated flash video codec...
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Haven't had any time to fix this yet unfortunately. If you want you can upload a picture without any playbutton for now, and I'll fix the script later to add it. The picture should be a representative frame from the video (can be edited as well), and in any resolution. It will be scaled to the video dimensions so it makes sense that it has the same size as the video of course.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

What about writing down which music is used and so on? Is it safe to reply to a moved posting in order to give credit or will this get scanned as search tags too then?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

If it wasn't I wouldn't have enabled replying to posts in that subforum.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Ah yeah, replies should be safe. Perhaps editing of own posts should be disabled though, it's probably safer if content updating has to be approved as well.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Fnordia wrote:Ah yeah, replies should be safe. Perhaps editing of own posts should be disabled though, it's probably safer if content updating has to be approved as well.
You already can't edit your post. I couldn't think of a work around way to both allow post editing and not risk goatse on the frontpage.

Return to “Videos - contributions”