Balanced Annihilation LoadScreens - Page 2

Balanced Annihilation LoadScreens

Moderator: Moderators

Pxtl

Re: Balanced Annihilation LoadScreens

Post by Pxtl »

These aren't really representative of gameplay.... I've yet to see one field of mohometalmakers and nanotowers.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

What I meant was if half of the images are like the ones Jaz has attached and half are new screenshots in the style of the old ones I think it'll turn out well.

Also I prefer the compressed overlay on these and don't mind circulating and swapping out loadscreens on a per release basis so long as there's around 10-12 of the 'best' available.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

On some of the shots, the BA logo had to be placed at the bottom instead of the top because the top part of the image was too bright to read the logo properly. However, the fugly loadscreen text sometimes gets in the way of it and it looks a bit :shock:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Another bug I ran into. Most maps with water show weird images of the map far out from the edges... Kind of hard to explain. See image below.

I've only tested this on a few maps and it seems to only happen on water maps I think...
Attachments
screen00212.jpg
(142.87 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Gota

Post by Gota »

Ghost in the shell
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Attachments
Bridge.png
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Battle.png
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

shooped?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

d_b wrote:shooped?
Well obviously lol
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

Except the asteroid and bumpwater, to be honest, I dont like your screens. Did't like ones you took from Quoth either.
Stop shooping them please...

Heres how I see the map:

No units though...

Btw, why screens are now png format by default. How can I change it back to jpg?
Attachments
screen00013.png
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

JAZCASH wrote:Another bug I ran into. Most maps with water show weird images of the map far out from the edges... Kind of hard to explain. See image below.

I've only tested this on a few maps and it seems to only happen on water maps I think...
And that is because of the custom bump water settings of the map. It's a bug yes. Thats kinda fail and is one of the reason why I didnt use the custom bump water settings for folsomdamDeluxe, although the settings overall are pure win.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

SirArtturi wrote:Except the asteroid and bumpwater, to be honest, I dont like your screens. Did't like ones you took from Quoth either.
If you gave me some reasons why you didn't like them, I can do something about it.
Llamadeus

Post by Llamadeus »

I think they could do with a bit more contrast and saturation
SirArtturi

Post by SirArtturi »

JAZCASH wrote: If you gave me some reasons why you didn't like them, I can do something about it.
Satirik wrote: these are not in the spirit of BA loadscreen full of unit, explosion and wreckage
Otherside wrote:to much focus on the maps rather than the mod.
I would add also that your camera is too close to the ground, which is not even near the angle how BA is played and how it would look good.

The shots lack of vividness compared to the old one.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Try and imagine yourself as a newbie.
Think what would you think looks fun and would make you want to try BA/Spring.
Is it a few up close low poly 10 year old models with low quality map texture?
Or is it far zoomed out battlefield with hundreds of units/craters where its not so evident the units are low poly and crappy looking?

Focus on BA's strong sides.
A bit post processing is good and some filters but don't overdue it cause your making it look surreal.
Trick is to apply a bit so it looks better but when someone looks on it he is not sure if any filters or post processing was used or not.
Last edited by Gota on 13 Feb 2010, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

SirArtturi wrote:
JAZCASH wrote: If you gave me some reasons why you didn't like them, I can do something about it.
Satirik wrote: these are not in the spirit of BA loadscreen full of unit, explosion and wreckage
Otherside wrote:to much focus on the maps rather than the mod.
I would add also that your camera is too close to the ground, which is not even near the angle how BA is played and how it would look good.

The shots lack of vividness compared to the old one.
I'm taking into account everything I can. However, points such as "shooped" really don't give me any direction...

The main problem I'm having with taking shots from far distances is the fact that there's so much shit involved. I have to get rid of all GUI elements including mapmarks, the default health bars etc. On most maps, the edge of the map just cuts off into water or nothingness so I have to adjust the camera a lot to not show that. Then there's this bump-mapped water bug where you can't see any unit under the water and you can't take any shots that go off the edge of the map or you get ghosted parts.

Expect some new ones soon.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

all your screenshots sux seriously you guyz take screenshot from the ground of BA ... the most ugly game for spring ... with grey/english colors with rain and fog ... WTF ???
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Satirik wrote:all your screenshots sux seriously you guyz take screenshot from the ground of BA ... the most ugly game for spring ... with grey/english colors with rain and fog ... WTF ???
Maybe it's something to do with being sick of seeing Spring from above?
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

You can't really see or appreciate the model or texture of units from above. I prefer these artistic aesthetically pleasing load screens to some boring old overhead battle which you see all the time. Though I would like to see more warriors, llts, hlts, annihilators because they have sexy laserz.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Trying out some different styles:

Attachments
BattleFieldNewStyle.png
(4.08 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
PerperationNewStyle.png
(4.33 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

Don't suppose you got versions of those minus the black bars with the existing logo? :wink:

Return to “Screenshots - contributions”