The Cursed - banner

The Cursed - banner

Moderator: Moderators

azaremoth
Cursed Developer

The Cursed - banner

Post by azaremoth »

Well - I hope the dimensions, transparency etc. are fine. We demand... your soul! Muhaha! :twisted:
Attachments
banner.png
(137.47 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Re: The Cursed - banner

Post by FLOZi »

Far too awesome to have anything to do with PURE
smoth

Post by smoth »

Goddammit you are good!
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The banner it self is just a little too static and boring. I'm really loving your work, so I'm absolutely not against having your stuff with our other content, but I want something that shows it off a little better.

The units in the banner are TINY, the background scene doesn't have much action and the colors and shapes of the background are generic and boring. Fix any one of those 3 and I would have uploaded it, fix all of them and you're my favorite ever.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

But? What! The banner is already perfect! The background is filled with units posing for battle, spaced enough so that you can make them out and packed enough so there's no lost space, there's even a nice mountain horizon, the two units in color aren't walking but that's no reason to call them static, and the whole banne follows exactly the style of other banners while being better in every other aspect.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

It needs the blue bar at the bottom :P
Regret

Post by Regret »

zwzsg wrote:But? What! The banner is already perfect! The background is filled with units posing for battle, spaced enough so that you can make them out and packed enough so there's no lost space, there's even a nice mountain horizon, the two units in color aren't walking but that's no reason to call them static, and the whole banne follows exactly the style of other banners while being better in every other aspect.
He just wants to see more of his work silly.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I do sort of agree. It's not that this banner is bad, it's more that from the screenshots I've seen, you could make the foreground units heaps more interesting. What about that big dragon thing? Or one of those big fat things? Something that has a bit more dynamism, I think. It's also important to make sure that the foreground units look part of the background scene, not just pasted on.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Well, for this banner I stayed close to what I saw on the other banners. Especially as far as the background is concerned.

But - I'll give it another try. Let's see...
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Background is fine I think, just needs a more interesting foreground, that looks like it's part of the background scene.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

The biggest problem is honestly that the foreground units are not shown off well enough. They are tiny, only about 100 pixles tall. Crop to about waist height so the details in the model are more visible.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Stop nagging about non-issues and upload it already.

Return to “Screenshots - contributions”