BAR Banners

BAR Banners

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

BAR Banners

Post by Jazcash »

Suggestions for improvements or ideas for other BAR banners?
Banner2Final.png
(70.49 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Banner1Final.png
(67.04 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Last edited by knorke on 16 Apr 2014, 11:58, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: swapped image versions
smoth

Re: BAR Banners

Post by smoth »

The second versions are correct form

I like them.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

I like banner 1, but I feel like the red blends in a little too well with the background. Also, the orange thing looks a little out of place.

Banner 2 is cool, but there's no real "focus" -- not sure if that's the right way to put it, but it feels a little disorienting to me.

That said, I like the colors, and your decision to highlight a dogfight instead of standing/moving units is pretty creative.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I like, especially #2. Thanks Jaz!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

MidKnight wrote:I like banner 1, but I feel like the red blends in a little too well with the background. Also, the orange thing looks a little out of place.

Banner 2 is cool, but there's no real "focus" -- not sure if that's the right way to put it, but it feels a little disorienting to me.

That said, I like the colors, and your decision to highlight a dogfight instead of standing/moving units is pretty creative.
Quiet you!

They look great!
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

MidKnight wrote: Banner 2 is cool, but there's no real "focus" -- not sure if that's the right way to put it, but it feels a little disorienting to me.
Yup, I thought exactly the same. I had planned just to have the bomber and the AA in there but there was no real focal point so I shoved the dogfight in there to try and give it a bit more action. It didn't turn out quite like I hoped, I think mainly because I couldn't get the right angles on the SAM and the Bomber but after rendering them I was just too lazy to do it all again :P

Thanks though guys, I'll try and do a few more and some Welcome banners too for the homepage.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

while all the BAR screenshots i have seen so far (mostly from Behe) made me think i was looking at same old BA with an other look. these banners.. especially the dogfight, feel like.. a new thing (which is very good, in my eyes).
the orange thing looks a bit strange indeed.. looks like 2D pixel art next too a 3D commander.
knorke

Post by knorke »

added..
the orange thing looks a bit strange indeed.. looks like 2D pixel art next too a 3D commander.
thought excactly that too. now seeing it resized to larger size on the website it looks better.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Why can't I attach files to reply posts like in every other forum? If anything, this should be the one section which should allow attachments everywhere!

Anyway, one more banner - (What it should look like).
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I can't even edit my posts ;_;
smoth

Post by smoth »

I rather like when banners focus on 1 unit. Seems too busy with more than 1 thing.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

smoth wrote:I rather like when banners focus on 1 unit. Seems too busy with more than 1 thing.
Yeah, this.

That, or group a bunch of similar units together, like the SWIW trooper/spider banners or the GRTS banner.

Also, you may want to try messing with the brightness and saturation so that the transition from monochrome isn't so sudden.
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

ACTUALLY IGNORE THE LAST PART OF MY LAST POST.

I took another look at the image, and the real thing that bothers me isn't that the colors pop, but that the units look out of place W.R.T. the background. It might just be a personal thing, but they kind of look pasted-on.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

smoth wrote:I rather like when banners focus on 1 unit. Seems too busy with more than 1 thing.
Hmm Okies, that's interesting. I kept thinking they were looking too empty without more units but yeah, I'll try some with just one unit. Might try and focus on perhaps putting more into the background instead.
knorke

Post by knorke »

The selected attachment does not exist anymore.
Best make a new thread here http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=31 then it is easiest to move/add them.
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

Jazcash wrote:Also these other versions because I remember reading some thread about the background image not being included (This still the case?):
I wish you to remove the incorrect ones from the first post and replace them with the fixed ones. In a future website update the old layout won't work anymore.
ty

PS: I had to fix all others, what is a hell of work so thx that I don't need here ^^
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

jK wrote:I wish you to remove the incorrect ones from the first post and replace them with the fixed ones.
I can't edit my posts here :( Don't you have full moderation access? You should be able to do it. If you don't then you should have :P
jK
Spring Developer

Post by jK »

I am no forum mod, neither sure if I want to.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

jK wrote:I am no forum mod, neither sure if I want to.
They'd be no harm in you having moderator powers, just so you can use them for little things like this when you need to. Would save you time having to ask other people to do it for you. You don't actually have to moderate!

I don't think they'd be anybody objecting to you having the power of moderation, even if you don't actively moderate the forums.

Return to “Banners”