CT Banner??

CT Banner??

Moderator: Moderators

SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

CT Banner??

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

What do people think about adding a CT banner?

I ask because, while some people like CT's graphical "style", I know that others, possibly most, don't and feel it looks primitive or shoddy or crappy. All of the units seen in the various banners currently used look very nice and took days, if not more, to make, while my average production time is an evening.

I understand how some could see it and think "Eww, that is all Spring can do?? :wink:

I of course would love to have Hojo staring at me from time to time as I browse the boards. :-)
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: CT Banner??

Post by hoijui »

i would like it too
FireStorm_

Post by FireStorm_ »

A unique game with heavy emphasis on mobility and featuring Spring's first major "collect and drop-off" economy, Conflict Terra boasts a distinctive art style. Play as one of two factions in an ever-changing battlefield as you struggle to come out on top.
Why doesn't this spring game have a banner? (wierd)
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

I'd just avoid a too-close shot of the units. The beauty of CT is how it all stylistically comes together, even though most units don't lend themselves to glamour shots.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:I understand how some could see it and think "Eww, that is all Spring can do?? :wink:
+1
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I still vote one of your carriers/factorys plus one of the latest screens to be the banner of ct.

One day.. they ll have to post a jw-banner... !
knorke

Post by knorke »

on the banners units will be only about 100 pixels tall...everything looks good at that size.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

so.. do we get the ct banner now.. or do i have to get quick and dirty again?
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I will probably try to make one soonish...

though to be honest I'm not the best at this sort of thing. If someone wants to give it a shot be my guest.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I say give it a shot imo. I like CT's style. I always thought a game that looked like CT would be fun to do. Sorta TF2 Cell Shaded cartoony style. And along comes you and snoop and you guys do it (motivation doesn't really factor in, because, who cares?). Imo CT's graphical style deserves representation as well.

When you take the screenies tho, be sure to crank up the settings and especially antialiasing + reflectivity and shadows (Yes shadows! Having shadows enabled completely changes the way things are rendered, for the better... bigtime).

Return to “Site content”