How to contribute site content

Moderator: Moderators

Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

To upload content that will be used in the various rotations on the site, you simply create a post in the proper contribution subforum and attach the content to it. After review by a forum moderator it will be moved to the appropriate forum and become live on the site.

For more detailed instructions regarding videos and screenshots, take a look at the contributing media page.

Currently the sections Videos and Screenshots are open to contributions. The remaining sections will be opened as soon as content guidelines have been written.
Jazcash

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Jazcash »

Fnordia wrote:To upload content that will be used in the various rotations on the site, you simply create a post in the proper contribution subforum and attach the content to it. After review by a forum moderator it will be moved to the appropriate forum and become live on the site.

For more detailed instructions regarding videos and screenshots, take a look at the contributing media page.

Currently the sections Videos and Screenshots are open to contributions. The remaining sections will be opened as soon as content guidelines have been written.
May I suggest you add " Concept Art " to the Media page? And once you have everything finished would it be possible for users to submit say, their own site logos, banners etc?
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

It doesn't matter if a contribution thread has comment posts in it, does it? The parser only looks at the first post, right?
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Any idea how often fnordia parses these through?

I'm interested to know whether my submitted screens/banners simply haven't been reached yet, or if they are inappropriate for whatever reason.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Indeed, I wanna submit some banners and headers already ¬_¬
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

Well, any forum moderator can approve content posted here. Only screenshots and videos have been opened for contribution yet though. Some clear guidelines on welcome images and banners have to be written first.. I was hoping roflcopter would write these but it hasn't happened so far..

For the welcome images I think something like the moddb frontpage could be nice, with no logos or urls or text etc. in the actual images, but overlayed through html with a large clickable headline and a smaller descriptive text, perhaps in a top right box.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Fnordia wrote:Well, any forum moderator can approve content posted here. Only screenshots and videos have been opened for contribution yet though. Some clear guidelines on welcome images and banners have to be written first.. I was hoping roflcopter would write these but it hasn't happened so far..

For the welcome images I think something like the moddb frontpage could be nice, with no logos or urls or text etc. in the actual images, but overlayed through html with a large clickable headline and a smaller descriptive text, perhaps in a top right box.
Pester Rofl till he gives the specs for welcome and banner images or give me his addy and I'll pester him.
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Ok, I'll remove the website links and repost.
Roflcopter

Post by Roflcopter »

You don't need to pester me, but if something requires my collaboration send me a PM and I'll most probably pop out here.
It's hard to find the time for this, since I'm a bit too busy lately and it looks like things are going to get even worse, sadly. Oh, also, the fact that I've been suffering this cold since Tuesday doesn't help. :cry:
Anyway, what would you think of something like this?
With Flash, it shouldn't be too complicated.

Achoo!
Warlord Zsinj

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

I quite like how the banners are done here:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/

But I think the panel should only show when the cursor is over the window, if that's doable.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Roflcopter wrote:You don't need to pester me, but if something requires my collaboration send me a PM and I'll most probably pop out here.
It's hard to find the time for this, since I'm a bit too busy lately and it looks like things are going to get even worse, sadly. Oh, also, the fact that I've been suffering this cold since Tuesday doesn't help. :cry:
Anyway, what would you think of something like this?
With Flash, it shouldn't be too complicated.

Achoo!
Beautiful. Could you give the size specs for the Welcome banner and Logo Banner?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

For the welcome banner: I screenshoted on then cropped and measured, it was 758x239. However it sounds like a very unround value. Then I measured one of the welcome picture that Warlord Zsinj posted and it was 760x240.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Indeed its hardcoded in the html markup to be 760px wide

Return to “Site content”