How to contribute site content

How to contribute site content

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev
Posts: 425
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 16:11

How to contribute site content

Post by Fnordia » 14 Sep 2008, 13:00

To upload content that will be used in the various rotations on the site, you simply create a post in the proper contribution subforum and attach the content to it. After review by a forum moderator it will be moved to the appropriate forum and become live on the site.

For more detailed instructions regarding videos and screenshots, take a look at the contributing media page.

Currently the sections Videos and Screenshots are open to contributions. The remaining sections will be opened as soon as content guidelines have been written.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5301
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Jazcash » 14 Sep 2008, 17:38

Fnordia wrote:To upload content that will be used in the various rotations on the site, you simply create a post in the proper contribution subforum and attach the content to it. After review by a forum moderator it will be moved to the appropriate forum and become live on the site.

For more detailed instructions regarding videos and screenshots, take a look at the contributing media page.

Currently the sections Videos and Screenshots are open to contributions. The remaining sections will be opened as soon as content guidelines have been written.
May I suggest you add " Concept Art " to the Media page? And once you have everything finished would it be possible for users to submit say, their own site logos, banners etc?
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by SwiftSpear » 14 Sep 2008, 20:24

It doesn't matter if a contribution thread has comment posts in it, does it? The parser only looks at the first post, right?
0 x

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer
Posts: 3742
Joined: 24 Aug 2004, 08:59

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Warlord Zsinj » 02 Oct 2008, 04:37

Any idea how often fnordia parses these through?

I'm interested to know whether my submitted screens/banners simply haven't been reached yet, or if they are inappropriate for whatever reason.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5301
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Jazcash » 04 Oct 2008, 21:10

Indeed, I wanna submit some banners and headers already ¬_¬
0 x

Fnordia
Former Engine Dev
Posts: 425
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 16:11

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Fnordia » 05 Oct 2008, 14:16

Well, any forum moderator can approve content posted here. Only screenshots and videos have been opened for contribution yet though. Some clear guidelines on welcome images and banners have to be written first.. I was hoping roflcopter would write these but it hasn't happened so far..

For the welcome images I think something like the moddb frontpage could be nice, with no logos or urls or text etc. in the actual images, but overlayed through html with a large clickable headline and a smaller descriptive text, perhaps in a top right box.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5301
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Jazcash » 05 Oct 2008, 16:27

Fnordia wrote:Well, any forum moderator can approve content posted here. Only screenshots and videos have been opened for contribution yet though. Some clear guidelines on welcome images and banners have to be written first.. I was hoping roflcopter would write these but it hasn't happened so far..

For the welcome images I think something like the moddb frontpage could be nice, with no logos or urls or text etc. in the actual images, but overlayed through html with a large clickable headline and a smaller descriptive text, perhaps in a top right box.
Pester Rofl till he gives the specs for welcome and banner images or give me his addy and I'll pester him.
0 x

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer
Posts: 3742
Joined: 24 Aug 2004, 08:59

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Warlord Zsinj » 05 Oct 2008, 23:03

Ok, I'll remove the website links and repost.
0 x

User avatar
Roflcopter
Posts: 47
Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 21:09

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Roflcopter » 06 Oct 2008, 01:57

You don't need to pester me, but if something requires my collaboration send me a PM and I'll most probably pop out here.
It's hard to find the time for this, since I'm a bit too busy lately and it looks like things are going to get even worse, sadly. Oh, also, the fact that I've been suffering this cold since Tuesday doesn't help. :cry:
Anyway, what would you think of something like this?
Image
With Flash, it shouldn't be too complicated.

Achoo!
0 x

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer
Posts: 3742
Joined: 24 Aug 2004, 08:59

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Warlord Zsinj » 06 Oct 2008, 03:42

I quite like how the banners are done here:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/

But I think the panel should only show when the cursor is over the window, if that's doable.
0 x

User avatar
Jazcash
Posts: 5301
Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 17:39

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by Jazcash » 06 Oct 2008, 17:50

Roflcopter wrote:You don't need to pester me, but if something requires my collaboration send me a PM and I'll most probably pop out here.
It's hard to find the time for this, since I'm a bit too busy lately and it looks like things are going to get even worse, sadly. Oh, also, the fact that I've been suffering this cold since Tuesday doesn't help. :cry:
Anyway, what would you think of something like this?
Image
With Flash, it shouldn't be too complicated.

Achoo!
Beautiful. Could you give the size specs for the Welcome banner and Logo Banner?
0 x

User avatar
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer
Posts: 7005
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 13:08

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by zwzsg » 22 Nov 2008, 01:36

For the welcome banner: I screenshoted on then cropped and measured, it was 758x239. However it sounds like a very unround value. Then I measured one of the welcome picture that Warlord Zsinj posted and it was 760x240.
0 x

User avatar
AF
AI Developer
Posts: 20667
Joined: 14 Sep 2004, 11:32

Re: How to contribute site content

Post by AF » 22 Nov 2008, 14:41

Indeed its hardcoded in the html markup to be 760px wide
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “Site content”