IceUI - Page 28

IceUI

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

ecraven

Re: IceUI

Post by ecraven »

here is a diff.. i also added a visible indicator for the metalmaker level (right-click in the energy bar to see it).
Attachments
resbar.png
resbar.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 6109 times
ecraven.diff
(9.58 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

post the whole archive here and on springfiles.com meltrax is kind of away from spring ;)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

send me a complete changelog (improvments, changes,...) and the data per pm and i will upload them to SD
ecraven

Post by ecraven »

I'd be glad about any comments on my changes, bug reports, or suggestions on what you'd like to see.

What i'd like to work on next:
- show the probable metal extraction in the tooltip for mexes when trying to build them (right now it shows the amount of metal in that point, which is much higher)
- a better control panel (that correctly supports custom
commands like area mex)
- a better tooltip (that doesn't just parse the engine tooltip, but displays tooltips based on what you select / point to

These are my changes so far:

2009-06-11

+ Added time until full level or depletion below current
income/pull indicator in resbar. Right click to toggle

2009-06-10

+ Fixed handling of \n (\10) in colors with respect
to line-breaks in output.lua
+ Added options for showing a minus in front of
negative numbers and for not showing SI units
(but only plain numbers)
+ Added color highlighting of build and unit tooltips
+ Added wind strength range to build tooltip for
Wind Generators
+ Added tidal strength to build tooltip for Tidal
Generators
+ Showing health in tooltip with gradient from red (0)
to green (full)
+ Added indicator for MetalMaker energy level
Attachments
iceui-2010-06-11.zip
(696.65 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

there is a widget that shows the m-output of a metal extractor before you build it (select it and hover over a metal spot), but dunno the name of it
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I think it's called prospector.
ecraven

Post by ecraven »

i'm looking at the sourcecode of prospector, for some reason it doesn't show up under IceUI (and doesn't work either).
spring-smp (spring-mt) under linux, works perfect otherwise ;)
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

Great to hear someone is working on this again!
kremmy

Post by kremmy »

I enabled IceUI. Every game I played for the next four hours hard crashed my computer less than two minutes into it. I disabled IceUI. My computer stopped hard crashing. What could IceUI possibly be doing that would cause the computer to hard crash? I've never had a problem like that with any other Spring add-on.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Always using IceUI and never crashing.
ecraven

Post by ecraven »

could you try enabling it again, then run a game. when it crashes, reboot (if necessary), *don't* start spring, but post your infolog.txt (under linux it's in ~/.spring/infolog.txt, not sure for windows, maybe search for it)
maybe that contains hints on what happens
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

i doubt a lua script can make your whole comp crash unless your graphic drivers or your comp is unstable
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Satirik wrote:i doubt a lua script can make your whole comp crash unless your graphic drivers or your comp is unstable
It can. It already happened to me. That wasn't with IceUI though.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

zwzsg wrote:
Satirik wrote:i doubt a lua script can make your whole comp crash unless your graphic drivers or your comp is unstable
It can. It already happened to me. That wasn't with IceUI though.
no it can't !!
kremmy

Post by kremmy »

infolog.txt didn't say anything useful. Is there a verbose debugging build or something I can use to get an obscene amount of information dumped into logfiles for tracking down what's triggering this?
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

you can try to run in GDB.

chances are high though, that it is your graphics, as IceUI is graphics intensive, and it works for others.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Satirik wrote:no it can't !!
Never say never. Depending on the comp, lua could bind it up enough so that it crashed, plenty of other ways as well. Of course, as you say, I would immediately be looking at graphic drivers being the source of the issue, I'm just saying that it is not impossible for lua to crash a system outright (Prolly not vista or win7, but xp would most likely be much more vulnerable).
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

2 things:
-bug:
the symbol of the fraction in the tooltip is squeezed

-suggestion:
word wrap for the typing
kremmy

Post by kremmy »

Since my previous posts about IceUI hard crashing me, I've had the opportunity to give Spring a try under Linux on my computer. Checked IceUI and the mods that use it and it worked perfectly fine! Still hard crashes if I'm using IceUI in Windows, though. I haven't been able to dive in with gdb on Windows yet, but I'll give that a try soon. I suppose this points to a possible driver issue existing on Windows, but maybe it's being triggered by something completely silly and easily fixable.

Oh, specs. I'm on a Dell XPS M1210, 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo, Intel GMA 950 (Yes, I know it's ... insufficient ... but I've played more than enough games with Spring on it to know that it works just fine, until some weird issue like this pops up ... which didn't happen in the other OS with the same hardware.. so yeah)

Return to “Lua Scripts”