New LUA GUI feature - Page 2

New LUA GUI feature

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

bamb

Post by bamb »

Yeah many languages use a ~= b meaning inequality.
mehere101

Post by mehere101 »

... except the ones used professionally.
bamb

Post by bamb »

What do you mean "professionally"? Matlab for example uses it for negation and it is used worldwide professionally.
mehere101

Post by mehere101 »

C++ is used more often professionally and it uses !=. So does C, Java, Python, in fact every C based language. MatLab is rather a minority compared to C++/C. I actually have never heard of a language using ~= before.
bamb

Post by bamb »

Uh, you seem to know quite a small subset of languages then. It's not unprofessional, deal with it.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Python uses a 'not' keyword...
trepan
Former Engine Dev

Post by trepan »

Should you want unit models instead of build pics,
or a unit model to show the currently selected unit,
or a preview for a custom command...

They can be drawn into world space or screen space,
and most of the GL state can be used (ex: translucency)

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I was taught by all my gcse maths, and A level maths teachers that != is not equal to, and ~= is approximately equal to.
bamb

Post by bamb »

AF wrote:I was taught by all my gcse maths, and A level maths teachers that != is not equal to, and ~= is approximately equal to.
And you were also taught that force is measured in pounds?

There are different conventions in different places.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

AF wrote:I was taught by all my gcse maths, and A level maths teachers that != is not equal to, and ~= is approximately equal to.
Then they are all programmers.

~ (with a line under it) is approximately equal to, but in logic ~ is used as NOT, as is ¬.

I have NEVER seen ! used mathematically for anything other than factorial.

This is to A2 further maths level and in all the logic and other maths studied at BSc... :P
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

bamb wrote:
And you were also taught that force is measured in pounds?

There are different conventions in different places.
You go to JAPAN, they use the same mathmatical symbols ^_^
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Please consider a pleasant design while working on the gui. ie. no bevels please

Just a request.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

force is measured in newtons.........
Word

Post by Word »

Omg..somebody is finally doing the gui..and you guys are arguing about !='s and the metric vs. imperial systems, C'mon guys!

....wait...was this a ploy to distract the NewGui monsters? Damn, i ruined it. Run trepan pick up your inequalities and run for the hills!
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Nichod wrote:Please consider a pleasant design while working on the gui. ie. no bevels please

Just a request.
And theres something wrong with bevels?
3D>2D.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

3D? Graphics are two dimensional...
And yeah the bevels look cheap so go ahead and make something better instead of complaining about it... :-)
P3374 H wrote:You go to JAPAN, they use the same mathmatical symbols ^_^
Liek ~_~;?
Word

Post by Word »

trepan only needs to provide a base for easy to write themes to be added the TA Spring community I would hope is more than capable to make the rest. Not me of course..unless you prefer stick figures ;p
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

rattle wrote:3D? Graphics are two dimensional...
And yeah the bevels look cheap so go ahead and make something better instead of complaining about it... :-)
I did not realize I came off in a way warranting hostility. I was merely providing feedback for the design. I work as an Illustrator so I would be more than happy to help with the visual side provided the coding is left to someone else.
mastermat

Post by mastermat »

It's been 5 days since we last heard from Trepan...
If the NewGuimonster has taken him, then we have WORD to blame.

anyone want to lead a search party? I would volunteer, but i have little experience in tracking of NewGuimonsters, perhaps we could get someone else to make a New Gui, and then keep a constant watch on him/her and when he/she get's taken we can follow the monster to it's lair and rescue every person who has fallen victim already. Then we can have a multitude of Gui's to play with. HORRAY. so.. any volunteers?

perhaps we can start talking about metric vs imperial to give trepan a chance to escape. um.... quick... um... how do you measure the length of a yard? because the length of a metre is defined as the distance traveled by light for 0.000000something of a second. is it some american thing, where a yard is the measurement of the front of your house to the edge of the road?
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

What I mean is, take a beveled button and a non-beveled version of the same button and tell me which one has a more 3D look to it.

Return to “Lua Scripts”