LUPS Distortionfbo.lua gpu ram leak on viewresize

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I honestly dont know where to report this, mantis or forum:

I noticed that the default distortionfbo lups particleclass leaks gpu ram (some texture RGBA16F buffers, which are pretty large) when viewresized. The ones that leak are the ones bound to the FBO. I noticed this with gDEBugger and seeing gpu ram use climb when I was resizing the window of spring.

I tried glDeleteTexture-ing and glDeleteTextureFBO-ing everything, and even deleting the FBO, but they either resulted in the effect not working, or they did nothing.

I tested with removing all other lups effects from corfus except distortion, and it is only caused by distortion.

To reproduce:
With BA, /give corfus, have it in view, then do some view resizes.
NeonStorm

Re: Distortionfbo.lua gpu ram leak on viewresize

Post by NeonStorm »

How much/fast memory does it leak?

How much is it (or effects which are similar broken) responsible for Spring_95.0 major mem leaks?
Beherith

Re: Distortionfbo.lua gpu ram leak on viewresize

Post by Beherith »

This is just a very specific case, it leaks two textures bound to a framebuffer, one 32 bit depth and one RGBA16F, so the amount is resolution dependant. ~10 MB per viewresize.

Also, be very careful mixing your brand of ignorance with pointing fingers. It does not bode well for a healthy life on the forums.
Silentwings

Re: LUPS Distortionfbo.lua gpu ram leak on viewresize

Post by Silentwings »

How much is it (or effects which are similar broken) responsible for Spring_95.0 major mem leaks?
Not at all. Read mantis.
jK
Spring Developer

Re: LUPS Distortionfbo.lua gpu ram leak on viewresize

Post by jK »

hmmm gdebugger currently crashes for me :/
and codewise everything looks fine

Return to “Lua Scripts”