Widget to display team eco - Page 3

Widget to display team eco

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Widget to display team eco

Post by Jools »

This widget now has an official github page, I edited first post accordingly. I will usually release the widget to springfiles and also in the first post here. I think I will put major versions in widgetdatabase but not every update, since it's much more hassle to put stuff there.

Main page on springfiles: http://springfiles.com/spring/lua-scripts/eco-stats

Main page on github: https://github.com/springjools/Ecostats

Bugtracker: https://github.com/springjools/Ecostats/issues
Floris

Post by Floris »

I love to use this widget but its too costy at endgame times.

When I disabled the widget the framerate went from 3 to 5 fps

Could do so something about the update frequency or something?

Attachments
screen00062.jpg
(187.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Wow, that's weird. For me it has about same performance as adv. playerslist widget. I've been trying to optimise it for some time but it was written at a time when I couldn't program lua that well. Were you trying to do something in particular?
Floris

Post by Floris »

nope. I had the version you offer in this topic
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

which version of the widget is the latest? I have: local versionNumber = "1.73"
on github: local versionNumber = "1.6"
Floris

Post by Floris »

He gave me his current version, that has perf increasement... (and then I edited a it a bit too)

He didnt update it in github yet, because of some reason I forgot.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I didn't update the github repo because I need to merge it to my work account. But I haven't been developing anything related to spring since gajop entered into our forums and proclaimed that he now has control of it. Once we get our government in exile up and running we will push a new version of xta first, then I will see if I can update this widget and the related repo page on github.

Felony 4. User was warned for this post. Please treat moderator actions with respect, and take warnings over your abuse of subforum rights seriously. (Silentwings)

User was banned, mandatory minimum due to multiple warnings in a short time period.
Floris

Post by Floris »

As of speaking I'm currently working on this widget and plan to include it in ba, fixing some things, adding some functionality and stripping some things too.
As I see it, eco information is essential when speccing games. But it currently has a bit too much info and needs to be minimalized more.

Really loving it.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

I agree, it's difficult to maintain because it's written in a stupid, old, code, so the performance improvements have been made where I figured they were most needed. But it is a GPL widget, anybody can of course work on it, but the code is maybe not so easy to get a grasp on. But if you have some nice changes, send a PR once the repo works again.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I think a couple of years ago BrainDamage re-wrote this widget with much cleaner, shorter code and a smaller gui. Not completely sure I remember correctly, but worth asking.
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Silentwings wrote:I think a couple of years ago BrainDamage re-wrote this widget with much cleaner, shorter code and a smaller gui. Not completely sure I remember correctly, but worth asking.
Link please! (or it didn't happen)
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

iceUI has a widget that does basically the same. When you are playing it gives the info for your own team, when speccing for all players. When playing you can use the bars to share e / m in the desired amounts.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Link please
As said, I may remember wrongly -> ask him.
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Also, many hotlinked images in the older posts of this thread are now advertising some sort of Apple product...
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

Removed those links, imageshack was the #1 place to post images to at the time, and look now what's come of it.

Return to “Lua Scripts”