ctrlpanel.txt

ctrlpanel.txt

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

daryl

ctrlpanel.txt

Post by daryl »

hi all,
I would like customize the original GUI.
i found ctrlpanel.txt file where I can modify some things..
are there some "advanced" setting to change chat format or energy and metal bar??
for example I would like simple transparent background and blu border
is this possible?
0 x

SinbadEV

Re: ctrlpanel.txt

Post by SinbadEV »

daryl wrote:hi all,
I would like customize the original GUI.
i found ctrlpanel.txt file where I can modify some things..
are there some "advanced" setting to change chat format or energy and metal bar??
for example I would like simple transparent background and blu border
is this possible?
You can pretty much do anything you want to the gui using Lua Widgets... I'll let other people help you with specifics because I don't know any.
0 x

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

The answer to your particular question is "Not really." You can do some stuff like transparency of the build menu but that only works to a certain extent.

Best to use lua.
0 x

daryl

Post by daryl »

Forboding Angel wrote:The answer to your particular question is "Not really." You can do some stuff like transparency of the build menu but that only works to a certain extent.

Best to use lua.
ah ..i undesrtand but LUA is not easy for me :cry:
anyone can help me?
I customized ICE UI but this GUI give some problems with ATI card and it is "heavy" for machines ( standard GUI = 180 FPS, ICE UI =80 FPS )

I would like this simple GUI for a game that i'm making...
I would like possibility to set alpha of background ( probably i will do this transparent ) and the color of the line border... only this

Can you help me???
0 x

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Well, tbh you prolly need chili. My might be able to get by with redui though.
0 x

knorke

Post by knorke »

Best to use lua.
Generally I second that. There seems to be no docu on crtlpanel.txt beside the comments in the file so I guess its hard to do stuff with it. Unless you find a config that is close to what you want.

ie see Supreme Annihilation for crtlpanel.txt used in a game.
frameAlpha 1.0
might do it.

Not sure what background excactly you want to be transparent but some games ie BA have a widget that makes the build menu and the move/fight/guard etc buttons transparent. It is called "Wisse Layout", here is the version used in CT:
http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/ ... parent.lua
(no idea if that is newest version)

This line border is something of IceUI I think. In Springs default UI there is no such "frame" containing minimap & buildmenu...
0 x

ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

I commented some lines in this file to get rid of buttons like Move, attack, fight etc. Works fine, but not with all guis. I use LOL ui.
0 x

knorke

Post by knorke »

There is a widget by Regret called "hide_commands.lua" that can remove buttons. Dont know where I originally found it as its not at http://www.springinfo.info/lua-widgets/widget-database/ but now its also in spring tanks :regret:
(i also remove all the useless move, fight etc buttons)
0 x

Return to “Lua Scripts”