HighlightSelectedUnits

HighlightSelectedUnits

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

HighlightSelectedUnits

Post by zwzsg »

So I took trepan old HighlightUnit widget, and modified so instead of highlighting the unit under cursor, it highlight the select units, in the color of health.

Note: To avoid color clashes, it also turn your own team color to grey, unless you're speccing.
Attachments
gui_hilight_selectedunits.lua
(8.93 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Beherith

Re: HighlightSelectedUnits

Post by Beherith »

This looks great, but can I ask you a huge favour?
Could you implement this for coop mode? So we can see what units our allies have selected?
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

Beherith: I wasn't aware Lua had access to allies selection.

Regret: Here are pics:
Image Image

Here's a version I prefer, without the flashing stripes:
Attachments
gui_hilight_selectedunits.lua
(7.81 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

For allies you'd have to pass the info around ala alliedcursors, which is a bit fiddly for long lists of units (but possible)
Regret

Post by Regret »

Regret is pleased.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

I wote a widget that purposely broadcasts false selection data, and a cursor that is randomly moving all over the map.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Whats wrong with jk's SelectionHalo?
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

very_bad_soldier wrote:Whats wrong with jk's SelectionHalo?
What's wrong with mine?

Actually, I didn't know about jK widget. But now that I downloaded and tried it: Just like trepan's platter, it is team colored. Which I find silly because you usually know the team's color, especially since it's worn by the model itself already. Mine instead is health colored. So it gives another information, which wasn't already easily available (if we assume healthbar is off or too small).
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

SelectionHalo makes old crappy embedded Intel videochips crawl.
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

zwzsg wrote: Actually, I didn't know about jK widget. But now that I downloaded and tried it: Just like trepan's platter, it is team colored. Which I find silly because you usually know the team's color, especially since it's worn by the model itself already. Mine instead is health colored. So it gives another information, which wasn't already easily available (if we assume healthbar is off or too small).
Ok, the healthcolored stuff is a good idea. But, no offense, judging from your screenies, SelectionHalo just looks better. Maybe combine the best of both worlds?
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

zwzsg wrote:
very_bad_soldier wrote:Whats wrong with jk's SelectionHalo?
What's wrong with mine?

Actually, I didn't know about jK widget. But now that I downloaded and tried it: Just like trepan's platter, it is team colored. Which I find silly because you usually know the team's color, especially since it's worn by the model itself already. Mine instead is health colored. So it gives another information, which wasn't already easily available (if we assume healthbar is off or too small).
It was teamcolored a few months ago. Now it's green for selected, blue for hover and purple for feature. I forked it to add yellow for ally selections.
Tribulex wrote:I wote a widget that purposely broadcasts false selection data, and a cursor that is randomly moving all over the map.
If you do this in CA then you'll have one of two results:
1) You're hindering your team by doing so, which is the same as walking around building useless stuff with your comm.
2) You're a spec so no one is receiving your useless crap.
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

zwzsg wrote:Note: To avoid color clashes, it also turn your own team color to grey, unless you're speccing.
I'm torn about this.

Without the Fade to Grey, you sometimes have distateful color clashes, like green over pink, or conflicting information, like is it red because of team color or because it's about to die?

But having all your unit grey is so dull. :?

Return to “Lua Scripts”