Area Mex - Page 4

Area Mex

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Re: Area Mex

Post by BrainDamage »

use "/" path separators, "\\" will not work in linux
NTG

Post by NTG »

Brain Damage wrote:use "/" path separators, "\\" will not work in linux
thanks for info, previous attachment & post are now updated.
DreamWorker

Post by DreamWorker »

Seems Area Mex is incompatible with LolUI (BA)- i need to turn off LolUI before i can use ctrl+w command, if LolUI is enabled ctrl+w do nothing.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

area mex 2 does not work for me anymore (v1 worked with ugly lag spikes). I have this in my uikeys: bind ctrl+r areamex

What is the problem? I select com and press ctrl+r, nothing happenz.
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

ginekolog wrote:area mex 2 does not work for me anymore (v1 worked with ugly lag spikes). I have this in my uikeys: bind ctrl+r areamex

What is the problem? I select com and press ctrl+r, nothing happenz.
Well the keybind is setup the right way. Which game are you using it with? Also try disabling some widgets to see if they're interfering.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Could you use parts of this widget to make a better mex upgrader? One that doesn't struggle one it reclaim a T1 mex only to find there's no room for a T2 mex? Maybe this could be used to find the best available spot next to the T1 mex or maybe to calculate if there's enough room for a T2 mex if the T1 mex was reclaimed...
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

One more thing, could somebody update this to work with water mexes too?
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Both those requests are possible but my motivation is low as they're not required in games which I play.

The water mex is easiest as you have to check if a normal mex can be placed, if not place a water mex.

The mex upgrader could brute force an area around the mex spot when placing an upgraded mex. If there are too many iterations reclaim the mex and place a t2 mex. The issue with reclaiming is that you cannot place a building order on a building so area mex will have to remember your orders, this could get extremely messy.
Pako

Post by Pako »

JAZCASH wrote:One more thing, could somebody update this to work with water mexes too?
JAZCASH wrote:Could you use parts of this widget to make a better mex upgrader? One that doesn't struggle one it reclaim a T1 mex only to find there's no room for a T2 mex? Maybe this could be used to find the best available spot next to the T1 mex or maybe to calculate if there's enough room for a T2 mex if the T1 mex was reclaimed...
I have done both.

If I remember right updating 6 mexes in DSD with my widget results in 2k more meatal in 5 minutes than the upgrade gadget. I knew the gadget was sucky but not for at that extent.

Of course I can't release it because the old noobs like Jazcash cry and feel mentally decayed when inexperienced players use automation to ease the game.
Google_Frog wrote:The issue with reclaiming is that you cannot place a building order on a building so area mex will have to remember your orders, this could get extremely messy.
The build order can be inserted there and after the mex is reclaimed just check if the builder is building and seek a better buildpos if not.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Pako wrote:Of course I can't release it because the old noobs like Jazcash cry and feel mentally decayed when inexperienced players use automation to ease the game.
Well the gadget is already built into the game, it just doesn't work very well. I'd just like a nice version that works all the time, that's all. ^_^
You mean you won't release it because you won't feel special any more? D:
Pako

Post by Pako »

JAZCASH wrote: You mean you won't release it because you won't feel special any more? D:
Actually the widget causes constant real desyncs after 20 minutes in game because of engine bug. Also it's a huge and extremely messy widget so very disgusting to fix.
Niobium

Post by Niobium »

Pako wrote:
JAZCASH wrote: You mean you won't release it because you won't feel special any more? D:
Actually the widget causes constant real desyncs after 20 minutes in game because of engine bug. Also it's a huge and extremely messy widget so very disgusting to fix.
Widget causing desyncs? What function exactly?
Pako

Post by Pako »

Niobium wrote: Widget causing desyncs? What function exactly?
PathFinder
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

Google_Frog wrote:http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1752 With button. May have lag spikes.
broken link is broken D:
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

i can't have areamex working.. nothing happens i tryed :
bind areamex meta+a
bind meta+a areamex
bind areamex ┬▓...

What should i do?

edit : I find a solution :D
mk_fg

Post by mk_fg »

AreaMex2 doesn't seem to work with BA7.1 (while working OK with BA7.04), looks like adding action to customCommands has no effect there.

I've added 'Spring.Echo("Added command")' line after table.insert to widgetHandler.customCommands and it gets echoed on unit (for example, commander) selection, but when I press the keyset ("/keydebug" shows the same "areamex" binding as in BA7.04), nothing happens - no cursor change, no area selection, as if the action is invalid for unit.

I'll look a bit more into it, but if anyone can give a hint about what could've changed between BA versions that might've affected this behavior, I'd appreciate it.

Edit:
OK, figured this one out.
Problem was in RedUI, incorporated into BA7.1 which I've had enabled. Everything works fine with "old BA layout".

Another thing is that I actually liked new UI, so I tweaked "Red Build/Order Menu" widget LayoutHandler to pass CustomCommands correctly, instead of empty table. Doesn't seem to break anything.

I've attached tweaked "Red Build/Order Menu" widget (named "Red Build/Order Menu mk2" to avoid name conflict with the original one). It should unload both old layout and original "Red Build/Order Menu" on initialization, although "Old BA layout" won't disable it by itself, should you wish to switch back to it.
Two checks on Initialize should prevent it from loading with anything other than BA7.1.
Attachments
gui_red_buildordermenu_mk2.lua
(15.36 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

area mex gets stuck on 'loading luaui' on metal maps but I don't care because metal maps are gay.

My main problem is that I think it would be much better as a square. Is the any way I can edit it to make it a square or can somebody update it.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Sausage wrote:area mex gets stuck on 'loading luaui' on metal maps but I don't care because metal maps are gay.

My main problem is that I think it would be much better as a square. Is the any way I can edit it to make it a square or can somebody update it.
No, you have to let them load once so it saves the data to a cache and then reloads it normally from the cache from then on.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Sausage wrote:area mex gets stuck on 'loading luaui' on metal maps but I don't care because metal maps are gay.

Actually, it already is a square, it was just made to like like a circle to be nice, but when you are dragging an area, it is actually a square.

Return to “Lua Scripts”