Transporter - Page 2

Transporter

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

klapmongool

Re: Transporter

Post by klapmongool »

Well that is how I remember it from last time testing: it does not do anything. No errors, no weird stuff going on. At the moment I do not have the widget. The link above is down and the widget database is down. If anyone still has it please share.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

I tested it yesterday, the widget does nothing, no errors, hotkeys (ctrl + m) does not work.
Attachments
unit_transporter_2.lua
(20.79 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Last edited by Griffith on 05 Aug 2013, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Griffith wrote:I tested it yesterday, the widget does nothing, no errors, hotkeys (ctrl + m) does not work.
Post it as a attachment to your post plz?
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

I'll look into that... haven't played Spring in a while. I uploaded the version I have in my install, seems newer than latest update in this thread, I do not know if it still works though.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Uploaded to the original location in my op. Enjoy! (seems to work now)

Why it wasn't working: isTransport no longer exists in unitdefs , so the widget did not know that the transport is actually a transport.
I changed that to

Code: Select all

local function UDIsTransport(ud)
	return ud.transportCapacity and (ud.transportCapacity>0)
end
, if there's a better way this function can be changed.

Not sure if there's any remaining issues - I also use isBuilding and isFactory to avoid interfering with the factory assist , and I did not really check if those disappeared as well.
Attachments
unit_transporter_2.lua
(21.05 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

I tested it and it works like a charm now :shock: Thanks very much for fixing this awesome widget :-)
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Works great for me as well. Thanks again!
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Iirc isBuilding and isFactory still exist, and so you should be fine.
dizekat

Post by dizekat »

Minor fix: ignore vertical distance between transport and transported unit when deciding to set the transported unit on wait. (Sometimes BA's heavy transports fly too high above the unit)
Attachments
unit_transporter_2.lua
(21.1 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

Is it normal that the transport now go to destination without loading unit, then come back to pick the constructor and then go again to destination with the unit picked up ? :?:
Old behavior was to load unit directly then go to destination.
klapmongool

Post by klapmongool »

Griffith wrote:Is it normal that the transport now go to destination without loading unit, then come back to pick the constructor and then go again to destination with the unit picked up ? :?:
Old behavior was to load unit directly then go to destination.
Same in current version (BA 9.46 and Spring 103). Is there an updated version of this widget? Or does someone have a different widget that covers the same functionality?

Return to “Lua Scripts”