Widget Manager - Page 2

Widget Manager

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

Re: LUA Widget Manager

Post by Posts »

is there a way for linux users to manually download from this repository of widgets? (like a simple http folder)
ZellSF

Re: LUA Widget Manager *WIP*

Post by ZellSF »

very_bad_soldier wrote:
clumsy_culhane wrote:Can you please allow selecting of multiple widgets to be downloaded? It would be a great help. (Shift click or ctrl click, watever).
Thanks.
Added. And some more stuff changed. See first post.

@Posts:
This seems to be a "highly specialized" widget. I dont know if it makes sense to add it to the DB. Should probably better bundled with springie?
Not really as highly specialized as some widgets already in the downloader, it's very useful for specs, somewhat useful for hosts and people who just don't care about endgame stats.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

that module is awesome !

edit: but i don't like that horizontal listbox ... it should be a normal vertical one
very_bad_soldier

Re: LUA Widget Manager *WIP*

Post by very_bad_soldier »

ZellSF wrote: Not really as highly specialized as some widgets already in the downloader, it's very useful for specs, somewhat useful for hosts and people who just don't care about endgame stats.
ok, added...
Satirik wrote: that module is awesome !

edit: but i don't like that horizontal listbox ... it should be a normal vertical one
Yay thanks, nice to hear! And yes, you are right, I dont like it too. Its just, I dont know how to set that GUI-Element to scroll vertically, sounds stupid. Maybe I missed something, but I cant find that damn option :?

@Posts:
Yes, working on a web-interface... It wont be pretty but at least functional I hope.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Could you add an "Advanced setting" to auto-download all new widgets? I like to have all of them but just enable the ones I like..
very_bad_soldier

@MelTrax: Yes I will do, no big deal.

Here is the current state of the web interface:
http://spring.vsync.de/luaManager/

I know its not beautiful and not uber-userfriendly but I hope it will work as a fallback solution. Maybe I will do at least a bit CSS for it to increase the look.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Btw: does it support deletion of files? If I rename/move/delete a file for the next IceUI version, will it be deleted on the user machine?
very_bad_soldier

Yes, the old version gets completely wiped before installing a new version.
SteelSide

Post by SteelSide »

very_bad_soldier wrote:Here is the current state of the web interface:
http://spring.vsync.de/luaManager/
Thanks! I was just about to start writing something to read the db.

A suggestion thou: thumbnails for the images.
+ some css (as you said).
+ it's a bitch downloading every single file for iceui/advplayerslist from there :< If you would allow direct access to the directory of //advplayerslist/ (and such) one could just use wget to get everything from it.
Marmoth

Post by Marmoth »

Hi,

Just a suggestion: can you add a description of the color code (of the spheres next to the names) in the module?

Thx
very_bad_soldier

Marmoth wrote: Just a suggestion: can you add a description of the color code (of the spheres next to the names) in the module?
It is already there but a bit hidden ;) Just move the mouse over a widget in the list and it should "tooltip" the status of the widget. I just could not find a proper place in the GUI for a listing of the colors but there you go:
Green = installed
Red = not installed
Yellow = Update available
Blue = Installed, but an unknown version

@SteelSide:
Its still on my todo-list. I would like to have some sort of ZIP-mechanism to automatically package the files belonging to a widget.
very_bad_soldier

ZIP-Downloads added and a bit of CSS...
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Looks great! Thanks!
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Just a few thoughts on the new look from an internal point of view:

Don't use <br> tags, use <p>, if you need to increase spacing, do it via CSS, not html 3 tags. Also don't do <div class="wname>widget thingy </div> it'd be better to use heading tags and assign a class to those or just use say, .item h2 { font-size:22px;}. This would make it easier to convert or handle the document, as well as improving screen reader support and Search engine crawling.

Also your yellow links on murky yellow background needs fixing. I would also suggest using <h1> tags instead of <p class="headline">, at the very least <p id="headline"> since there is only one headline.

Your <head> and <html> tags are also wrong, they say the page is written in german but its english. You should also move your CSS out of the header and into a dedicated file, if only to make life easier.
very_bad_soldier

Thanks for you tips, I am not a HTML-magician but I will surely implement them at some point.
But what bugs me even more, maybe you know a solution: What can I do to encapsulate the HTML-Description in its own "Box" or frame or whatever? I do not want (like it is at the moment) that bad html from the widget's description changes the whole page. ATM there seems to be a bold tag which does not get closed in some widget description. It makes the whole lower page appear in bold font.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

There is a part in the FactoryQ manager that has a bold tag inside a bold tag according to firebug.

Eitherway I would say stop using <b> tags completely where possible and use CSS if you just want to highlight an entire entry in bold.

If we look at one of the entries here:

Code: Select all

<div class="item">
	<div class="wname">
		Factory Auto-Repeat
	</div><br/>
	Author: TheFatController<br/>
	Latest Version: 1.000<br/>
	Downloads: 102<br/>
	Entry-Date: 2008-09-14 18:48:20<br/>
	<p>Description: </p>
	Sets new factories to Repeat on automatically.<br/>
	<p>
		<a href="http://spring.vsync.de/luaManager/lua_manager.php?m=10&id=45">Download</a>
	</p>
	<p/>
	<p/>
</div>
There are extra closing tags for p even though there aren't enough opening tags, this is a markup error.

Instead, I would suggest this:

Code: Select all

<div class="item">
	<h3 class="wname">Factory Auto-Repeat</h3>
	<div class="details">
		<p>Author: TheFatController<p/>
		<p>Latest Version: 1.000<p/>
		<p>Downloads: 102<p/>
		<p>Entry-Date: 2008-09-14 18:48:20<p/>

</div>
	<div class="description">
		<h4>Description: </h4>
		<p>Sets new factories to Repeat on automatically.<p/>
	</div>
	<p><a href="http://spring.vsync.de/luaManager/lua_manager.php?m=10&id=45">Download</a></p>
</div>
This will result in the details being put into two boxes, which you can then style using CSS in order to add borders etc. The description and images would go inside the div with the description class, and the details such as author/homepage/etc go in the details div. Im sure you can think of many improvements from there on.
very_bad_soldier

The problem with the description stuff is that I have no control what people put in there. So if someone (like me) puts in wrong formatted HTML data I need to find a way how to deal with it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

sanitize the input then!
lurker

Post by lurker »

And suggestions about how to do that without large effort? Make a list of all incoming tags and process it to remove any unmatched ones?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

lurker wrote:And suggestions about how to do that without large effort? Make a list of all incoming tags and process it to remove any unmatched ones?
or avoid the utter fail that is reinventing the wheel that is html sanitization?

I would simply disable raw tags and convert them into html elements so they showed up in the end, or use an existing library for it

Return to “Lua Scripts”