Advanced Players List widget - Page 4

Advanced Players List widget

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Advanced Players List widget

Post by CarRepairer »

This is a great widget. If only you didn't limit me to one axis of movement. Why why why? I still must use Satirik's playerlist in IceUI (which also shows everyone's resource bars).

:|
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Could you add a button to toggle ingame pm mode with a player?
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

Hi, I'd like to suggest these 2 changes:

Code: Select all

root@bastard:/cygdrive/c/Spiele/Spring/LuaUI/Widgets> diff -Nru gui_advplayerslist.lua gui_advplayerslist_modified.lua 
--- gui_advplayerslist.lua      2008-10-22 10:21:25.526590400 +0200
+++ gui_advplayerslist_modified.lua     2008-10-18 23:51:09.768905600 +0200
@@ -621,7 +621,7 @@

-- sends the .take command to spring

-  SendCommands{"say /take"}
+  SendCommands{"take"}
   return

end
@@ -701,7 +701,7 @@
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function widget:Shutdown()
-  --SendCommands{"info"}                --Restores standard players list when removed
+  SendCommands{"info"}                --Restores standard players list when removed
 end

ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

Chojin wrote:Hi, I'd like to suggest these 2 changes:

Code: Select all

root@bastard:/cygdrive/c/Spiele/Spring/LuaUI/Widgets> diff -Nru gui_advplayerslist.lua gui_advplayerslist_modified.lua 
--- gui_advplayerslist.lua      2008-10-22 10:21:25.526590400 +0200
+++ gui_advplayerslist_modified.lua     2008-10-18 23:51:09.768905600 +0200
@@ -621,7 +621,7 @@

-- sends the .take command to spring

-  SendCommands{"say /take"}
+  SendCommands{"take"}
   return

end
@@ -701,7 +701,7 @@
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

function widget:Shutdown()
-  --SendCommands{"info"}                --Restores standard players list when removed
+  SendCommands{"info"}                --Restores standard players list when removed
 end

first option is ok, second one is not (author commented /info for a reason, which is that it sux to show /info on widget shutdown). Now i have to commend it out manually from 5.22, as it is back in. Please comment it out in new ver.
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

Please please please please put the player ID numbers on. I need them for allying with Babbles XD. Did I mention please?
Chojin

Post by Chojin »

ginekolog wrote: first option is ok, second one is not (author commented /info for a reason, which is that it sux to show /info on widget shutdown). Now i have to commend it out manually from 5.22, as it is back in. Please comment it out in new ver.
It's much more newbie friendly to have at least the /info show if you turn off this widget in my opinion.
Marmoth

Post by Marmoth »

Hello,

Working on the advplayerslist again. Can someone tell me who made the 5.22 version. I am very happy that somebody worked on advanced players list, but i would like to be informed of its evolution.

Thx!

Marmoth
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

It was me, but absolutely no offense intended. I just tried to make the take-command working and pasted chojin's suggestions because they looked ok for me. It is still 100% yours.

Maybe I can invite you this way to get an admin-account for SpringDownloader's Widget manager so you would be able to update your widgets in the database by yourself at any time?
Marmoth

Post by Marmoth »

As i said, its not a problem for me if somebody updates my advanced players list. Thx for your fix.

I would be very pleased to have access to the widget manager so that i can update my widget easily. Perhaps that i will need some help to get it work.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Marmoth, can you please tell me how to make outlining have a color bias?
Marmoth

Post by Marmoth »

Basically, outline is made with a set of character (white and only borders). If you want to put a special color, just set a color other than 1,1,1 before it is drawn.
Marmoth

Post by Marmoth »

@ Google_Frog

Hi,

I would be glad to add such an option in the advanced players list, but i am not sure how to do it if it is possible.

I tried to look in the "documentation" and asked ppl on the lobby, but didn't find a adapted solution. I had 2 ideas : the first was to open a chat input already filled with "/w <name>". But i only found commands that send the message instantly. The second was to toggle the chat to "whisper to somebody", but it seems that there is no such mode in the engine. At least, writing once with "/w <name>" at start doesn't turn it on (it would have been the easiest way to do it: send one empty message).

If you have a solution or simply more information, please let me know.

Bye!

Marmoth
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Marmoth wrote:Basically, outline is made with a set of character (white and only borders). If you want to put a special color, just set a color other than 1,1,1 before it is drawn.
What I'm asking for isn't that, I want for example, nicknames with more blue in them outlined quicker than nicknames with more green in them...
lurker

Post by lurker »

Have you tried using the paste command to bring it in off of the clipboard? A hack yes, but it might work.

Edit: Lua doesn't seem to be able to access the clipboard itself. I'll make some calls to edit the console text.
Marmoth

Post by Marmoth »

to Zell:

For now i used a very simple formula: i additioned the three color, if total is more than 0.9 (max = 3) then there is an outline. If you have a better formula, just send it to me and i will put it in the code.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

in some games u have a lot of specs, so the list is very long, could implement a button that hides the specs?
andre

Post by andre »

Are you intrested in including the /ally command into this Widget?
Like some extra picture that indicates who has an ally with you and who you have an ally with and a button to create new / delete existing onces.

And also the ingame-PM-Function, that opens a chat with "/w playername" when you klick on the nickname in the list.

Would be very nice for FFA-Games without fixed ingame-allies
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

You should add some indicator of wheter two allyteams are allied or not.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Maybe the version I got from jobjol was outdated, (in which case please link me to the newest), but it used .take instead of /take

I also made three little icons for KP factions.
Attachments
network.png
network.png (212 Bytes) Viewed 2203 times
hacker.png
hacker.png (206 Bytes) Viewed 2205 times
system.png
system.png (192 Bytes) Viewed 2205 times
very_bad_soldier

Post by very_bad_soldier »

Some player names in the last appear in white even if their team color is not white. It probably happens when the teamcolor is quite dark.
http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 000de5.jpg

Sometimes it is hard to figure out the correct color of a teammate. Is there an updated version of this widget or is there a workaround?

Return to “Lua Scripts”