Waypoint Dragging Widget - Page 3

Waypoint Dragging Widget

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

manolo_

Re: Waypoint Dragging Widget

Post by manolo_ »

small suggestion:

could change the name of the widget for the ingame lua-list
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

FYI it'll be renamed in AA to "Queue Dragging".
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

if u make a row of dts, the widget fails. so could the widget be disabled for making buildingareas (with shift, ctrl and/or alt)?
aegis

Post by aegis »

Caydr wrote:FYI it'll be renamed in AA to "Queue Dragging".
that means people who manually installed it will have two versions active and fighting.
TheFatController
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by TheFatController »

BA now contains a modified version of this with smaller drag circles and buildspot moving disabled (as it stops you un-queueing build orders), works well.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

TFC, mind if i upload it to springdownloader as newest version?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

nevermind
Last edited by Caydr on 19 Aug 2009, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
TheFatController

manolo_ wrote:TFC, mind if i upload it to springdownloader as newest version?
It's not really an improvement per se just some changes I wanted to make for the default BA behaviour
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

manolo_ wrote:TFC, mind if i upload it to springdownloader as newest version?
It's not an actual improvement per se, he just removed a recently-added feature and changed a number. The changed number most likely makes it more difficult to move queues when zoomed out. In some peoples' opinion it would probably be a regression.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I was able to fix the issue with not being able to remove buildings from the queue by adding this:

Code: Select all

if (not meta)                                     then  return false  end
directly above this line:

Code: Select all

if (not shift)                                     then  return false  end
So you need to have both shift and meta held down in order to do dragging, but holding down just shift mimics old behavior. Adding another similar line elsewhere can disable the circle drawing unless you're holding down meta too.

It corrects the problem, but makes a new one visible: if you attempt to remove a building from the queue that's been moved, it doesn't work. As long as is hasn't moved yet everything works normally. It's as if it's being moved to a separate queue layer or something :?
R-TEAM

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,
TheFatController wrote:BA now contains a modified version of this with smaller drag circles and buildspot moving disabled (as it stops you un-queueing build orders), works well.
NICE ;)
Have modify the widget self to disabled buildspot dragging, but with smaller drag circles it is more nice ;)

Regards
R-TEAM
R-TEAM

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

@Caydr

I get for the BA version, dragging a buildpoint is very rare (for me) but miss the abylity to delete it from the queue is hard.
Dragg most times only waypoints and patrol/attack points ...

Regards
R-TEAM
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I found the feature very useful in Supcom. Since AA will be a while yet, I'll just leave this lua out of it for now, hopefully this last known bug will be fixed in the near future.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

i tested the ba version and dunno why but i couldnt drag the waypoints anymore, i also see no circle
det

Post by det »

Gota wrote:CAn someone reuplaod this please.

Type CA much?
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

I think I read in BA the dragging circle has been reduced in size since, for instance, if you had a bunch of queue items right next to each other and tried to drag them, they would get consolidated into one. I haven't checked to see how small it was made, but it's possible you're just not seeing it.

... or perhaps it's another widget that's somewhat broken in 80.2.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

i dont see this circles at the ba-version and kloots widget is nice, but fails when u build stuff
TheFatController

Found an issue in this in BA so i've had to disable the circles in the most recent release.

Extreme example but if you create 100 construction aircraft and select them all then drag a line of 100 windmills the game will nearly lock up wit shift on as the widget is doing 10,000 checks for 'is mouse near waypoint' every draw frame.

I couldn't think of a way this could be optimised other than removing the circle previewing temporarily.
Gota

Post by Gota »

det wrote:
Gota wrote:CAn someone reuplaod this please.

Type CA much?
no
aegis

Post by aegis »

tfc, abstract queued buildings to a "job" and assign builders to the job?
so lua handles 100 buildings being made, and handles 100 aircraft, telling them to make the buildings...
same thing can be done for waypoints - make a "path" and assign units to it.

then you're dragging an abstracted path or a building instead of directly affecting the queue of 100 units.

this also means you can queue up buildings without assigning workers to them, or leave old building queues standing while you wait for a free worker to assign.

lua-managed queues could also implement something like smart area reclaim as a single queue item rather than assigning all of the reclaim orders to each builder.

(this amount of commands could be implemented to look like the original area reclaim when appearing in the queue)

this idea is kinda like the waypoint option in c&c tiberium sun, if anyone's familiar with it.

(on a different note, I might've just thought of a fairly simple way to do an optimized tsp for reclaiming)

Return to “Lua Scripts”