Messageboard forums

Messageboard forums

Discussion between Spring developers.
Tim Blokdijk

Messageboard forums

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

Tobi, you were planning on some new forums before you left for vacation, is this still on your radar and if so what do you like to change exactly?
I'm asking as I like to make some changes for the new site, might be smart to combine this into one discussion and set a plan in one go.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

If someone knew what they were doing with plugins and PHP we could fix this one up... There's only really a handful of features that these forums really should have that they do not. Most of which I have seen on other phpbb forums in the past, so I'm fairly sure there are plugins for most of them.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Id be fine staying with phpbb or punBB, otherwise I would feel somewhat lost on these forums.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

They are still on the radar but I haven't really have time to work it out.

The idea was to allow per-mod forums in the modding forum. It was not yet decided whether this would be subforums or just new forums in the a modding category.
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

@SwiftSpear & AF
I don't mean code changes, just rearranging some things with the existing features of the admin panel.

@Tobi
I would keep it to new forums in a modding category. It's easy enough and requires no changes to code. I still like to migrate to PhpBB3 at some point in the future and I believe "real" sub-forums require database changes making a migration harder. (I might be wrong..)
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

I've modified the forum a bit, split the content creation category into map creation and game and mod creation.

The idea is that game and mod creation could contain mod specific forums for those mods that want it and are reasonably OK wrt copyright/IP (maybe it has to be decided what is reasonable).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I would vote that lua scripts be moved into Mod/Game creation and feature requests into the general spring category
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

Lua scripts have two sides: making game easier regardless of mod and making the mod. LuaUI forum for the former case should stay.
Tim Blokdijk

Post by Tim Blokdijk »

There is a discussion about Tobi's forum changes going on here http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=214443 for those that don't actively read the whole messageboard.

Return to “Dedicated Developer Discussion”