New laser type of weapon

New laser type of weapon

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

TradeMark

New laser type of weapon

Post by TradeMark »

Is it possible to create a weapon which shoots to some direction continously and when unit hits that beam, it will lose HP, but the laser goes through that unit, and can still hurt other units?

So basically it will be like any other laser, but it only stops to other laser tower. Example:

Code: Select all

^                         ^
| - - - - - - - - - - - - |
- - = laser

That would be cool. If you wanted to make some laser walls which you can activate when the enemy is front of the lasers, ready to die.

So is this possible with the current spring engine?

If its not, is someone gonna make it possible? :-)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

You could make a laser that shoots from the top down or the bottom up and wanders rapidly between the nodes of the laser fence...
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Or add a laser to each node's tip pointing at the bottom of the other node, i.e. it would look like an X when both lasers were fired.

If you are aiming for the graphical effect (dash laser) this is possible with beam lasers.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I think the important part for him is that the beam pierces enemies. Noexplode doesn't work with beamlasers AFAIK.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

No, im not meaning that the laser should be dashed :D
Yes, it should pierce enemies.

It just should shoot laser to other tower, and stop there without making damage to that tower.

So basically i could build any amount of towers, and i could choose which of the towers are connected together. That way i dont need different units for different size laser walls, i could make any size of wall, depending on some limits which you can define...

Ive seen such laserwalls in other games, like Wings2.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

You could just make the damage so high it kills every enemy that passes through it with special treatment (no damage) for the laserfence posts :p. For the aiming simply look for the two closest allied laserfence posts and aim at them.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

But i dont want to kill them instantly... it would be too OP.
diggz2k

Post by diggz2k »

As far as the graphical look goes I think instead of two crossing over or one even go with three directly horizontal.

|-----------|
|-----------|
|-----------|

Return to “Feature Requests”