pictorial menu with word over lay

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Lemm1w1nkz

Post by Lemm1w1nkz »

I am teaching my dad xta. He is a very die hard Warzone 2100 player and is having trouble associating the model with its function. For example lvl 1 tank factory with an actual factory, warzone 2100 is a little more straight foward with it's because a factory looks like, well a factory. I know that it says the function of the unit at the bottom but he is still having trouble with it. So my question is, is there a way for me -or someone else- to turn the thumb nail of a unit into the function or name of the unit? And is there any anti-cheating built into the game that would prevent someone with custom thumbnails from playing a game with someone else?

Or, can you just increase the text size a crap load?

WZ2100 factory
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Thats more of an XTA problem with models, which are based off OTA modles...which has some problems with designs. Other mods, like Expand and Exterminate and Gundam, have very...factory looking factories.

The EE GD factories, for example, are all factories and smoke stalks.

But the buttons for the units, the build pics, are mod maker controlled entirely. So you need to ask the mod makers of XTA, I do believe.
Lemm1w1nkz

Post by Lemm1w1nkz »

Is there a way to change the text size of the text at the bottom?
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

How much programming do you know?
Lemm1w1nkz

Post by Lemm1w1nkz »

not so much...

none :-)
bwansy

Post by bwansy »

Maybe make it configurable by player? Sometimes I found some texts too small, too, especially the numbers on the resource bar.

As far as I know, changing the text size is the matter of changing a single number in the code.
Lemm1w1nkz

Post by Lemm1w1nkz »

I showed him E&E and he likes it, the UDC have very factory looking factories.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Yes...yes...More people have come to EE!

I would aslo kill to have a slider bar in the options menu that changes ingame text sizes.

Return to “Feature Requests”