Factories assisting - Page 2

Factories assisting

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

*adds to list of idea shot down because AA players can't fathom a change that doesn't directly benefit them reject it automaticly*

And Min3Mat, are YOU playing spring? not only can you put the same things in different factories but there is a fight command just added what, a month ago, that is a 'one-way' patrol (It has its own, large, button).

This feature would have its (very nice) uses. Most useful in current mods? no. But it would have NO effect on gameplay unless you CHOOSE to use it. Its really tiring to see ideas get shot down because people assume it will be forced on them (maybe not quite as strong in this case). I've been watching it happen for what, a year and a half now? =P

What we should be discussing is how feasable is this? Would it be easy to impliment it into the current order structure? Or is it completely incompatable?
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

here here, someone give this a guy a cookie. really min, you are trolling and its getting damn annoying. While i neither support nor bash this idea hunters' last post rings all too true.

and as an aside... how do you people find this stuff in the beta?? u guys just run around pushing buttons and giving orders?
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Give Hunter00000 two cookies. Trollers ftl.
pintle

Post by pintle »

this post is largely pointless, but: seaplane labs build stuff other air labs build too.

further pwnage
Dragon45

Post by Dragon45 »

Its as simple as building multiple factories and needing them to help build an army.
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

Paulo, I'm pretty certain that a L1 factory will simply build what L1 units in the que that it can.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Assign Central Build AI to those factories, works perfectly fine. So much for stealing features from SupCom.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

It seems like a nice idea, perhaps someone that agrees will make a group AI to do this as a proof of concept and see if people actually use it...
Hunter0000

Post by Hunter0000 »

KDR_11k wrote:Assign Central Build AI to those factories, works perfectly fine. So much for stealing features from SupCom.
Wait that works.. for factories..??

*runs to go test*

EDIT: Well it does much of what is needed, only problem is the units built follow the waypoints of the factory that built them rather than a 'master' factory. But, because of the way CBAI works, its easy to add con assists to spread throughout the factory force, I never knew it could do that, wow.
BlackLiger

Post by BlackLiger »

A)

Peoples, quit ya trolling before I get to poking swift into 'accidentally' changing a few passwords.

B)

This sounds like a useful feature, and could work nicely hand in hand with upgradable buildings.... I'll write out a bigger post on this when I wake up tomorrow. I require sleep right now.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Hunter0000 wrote:
KDR_11k wrote:Assign Central Build AI to those factories, works perfectly fine. So much for stealing features from SupCom.
Wait that works.. for factories..??

*runs to go test*

EDIT: Well it does much of what is needed, only problem is the units built follow the waypoints of the factory that built them rather than a 'master' factory. But, because of the way CBAI works, its easy to add con assists to spread throughout the factory force, I never knew it could do that, wow.
That`s one of Springs biggest Flaws - the Advanced Player Conspiracy - telling you of real cool Features only, if you Request them. Anything else KDR_11 ? :wink:

I am shure there is written in Fontsize 2 a Notice on the FAQ, linking you to the "attic of spring" were all those hidden features are stored.
PauloMorfeo

Post by PauloMorfeo »

The problem is that that Central Build AI only works for the host, as it seems...

Return to “Feature Requests”