Increase weapon damage/range at extra cost for short while

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

I was thinking it might be a nice idea for some mods if weapon ranges or damages could be increased for a short period of time at the cost of extra energy or perhaps risk of the weapon overheating and damaging its self. Maybe energy costs/damage to self could increase exponentially to make firing beyond normal ranges a risky idea - but lucrative if used sparingly.
The damage or range increase i'm talking about would probably only be about 5-10% for a good balance but ideally the modders would be able to set this themselves via tags.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

On/Off triggering a secondary weapon becoming active which requires energy/metal to fire.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Or spawning a weak explosion inside the unit each shot or something like that. But this forum is for engine requests, mod-related requests go into the Mods forum.
Guessmyname

Post by Guessmyname »

This can theoretically be done already with clever scripting (and you wouldn't have to use on/off if you're clever)
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

this sounds suspiciously like the whole spells/abilites MT we have... :roll:
EXit_W0und

Post by EXit_W0und »

What about if you wanted to have a scale of how much extra power you could put into the weapons range or firepower? That would need new gui elements at least, the on off switch wouldn't be quite enough there. I'd also prefer it if the weapon stats loaded in memory were ajusted within the constraints given in the weapons.tdf - rather than creating serveral new weapons with similar stats. I think you'll agree thats more flexible.
It could also be extended to shields, max speed - think along the lines of the game Nexus, where you could divert power to various parts of the machine to assist in whatever role or mode the unit is in.

This is more of a nice to have feature - I just wanted to gauge the reaction of it to see who would be interested in it.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

You had me until you said "new gui elements".

Return to “Feature Requests”