Instant resource spending

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

pin_

Post by pin_ »

It would be nice to have the option to have resorces spent instantly when the building process begins (Warcraft style).

You can find more details in this thread:
http://taspring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6340
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

soo... you want it so that most units require an insane amount of storage to build?

It could be done Via scripting. I think.
pin_

Post by pin_ »

Drone_Fragger wrote:soo... you want it so that most units require an insane amount of storage to build?

Why 'insane amount of storage'?
You can have a default storage of say 100k or 200k.
Anyways resource pileup is a sign of bad strategy.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Drone_Fragger wrote:soo... you want it so that most units require an insane amount of storage to build?

No... he wants the resources to be tied to the contructed unit at the start of construction instead of bled into over time by multiple agents.

If you were to use my resource model, as I put in my Food topic there would be your metal and energy costs and a specific "workertime only" resource. so the energy and metal would be subtracted right away while the con units pumped workertime into the building until it's construction is complete...
pin_

Post by pin_ »

SinbadEV wrote:
If you were to use my resource model, as I put in my Food topic there would be your metal and energy costs and a specific "workertime only" resource. so the energy and metal would be subtracted right away while the con units pumped workertime into the building until it's construction is complete...
So can this be done already or it's just a feature request?
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

you could pump all the resources into a unit at once, but unless you paralyse it via script you're going to have instant-built it due to the way things work at the moment
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

pin_ wrote:
SinbadEV wrote:
So can this be done already or it's just a feature request?
Just a ralated request and suggestion on how to impliment it.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

the script based work around I would try would be to insta build, but have it reduce it's own health to like 10% and not auto regain, then have the script locked to jam all funtionality until it gets to 100% health.
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

SinbadEV wrote:the script based work around I would try would be to insta build, but have it reduce it's own health to like 10% and not auto regain, then have the script locked to jam all funtionality until it gets to 100% health.
yeah that could work - the time taken is in repairing the unit up to full HP, which factories do automatically if units are hurt whilst being built. only careful part is making sure that the script doesn't accidentally hop back into the paralyzing part and stone the unit when it gets damaged a little but that wouldn't be too tricky :-)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Set buildtime to 1. >_>
pin_

Post by pin_ »

Caydr wrote:Set buildtime to 1. >_>
I don't want an instant build just an instant resource spending.
pin_

Post by pin_ »

I don't want an instant build just instant resource spending.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Caydr: That's a bad idea, if the workertime of the builder greatly exceeds the buildtime of the unit the cost isn't subtracted properly, you pay much more than the constructed unit really costs. Probably because each nanobit is coded to contain a certain percentage of the workertime and with e.g. a wt of 100 and a build time of 1 that part of the workertime is more than 1.

I've tried that in order to limit the availability of units to higher "tech" levels in CvC.
unpossible

Post by unpossible »

pin_ wrote:
pin_ wrote:
damage it with script and then the factory will carry on healing it and only let go once it's finished.
smoth

Post by smoth »

pin_ I told you early, no it isn't I won't lie to you about that.

Like many other warcraft like features, it would need a patch.

Return to “Feature Requests”