Alarm! Alarm!

Alarm! Alarm!

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Erom

Alarm! Alarm!

Post by Erom »

OK, I hope this is a simple request.

The #1 thing right now that would enhance my enjoyment of spring, would be the ability to turn off the "Unit is under attack" alarm noises. I already have unit noises off, but I like to be able to hear functional things... building, weapons discharges, explosions. But 10 minutes into a game I'm always gritting my teeth while the game spams the damn alarm noises, and 20 minutes in I've killed the sound and am sorry that I can't here the explosions.

Including them in the "unit responses" toggle, or making them a separate toggle, either way, I would love to be able to turn them off.

Thanks for your time.
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Agreed, do like C and C and make a red square on the minimap that gets smaller and smaller til it pinpoints the problem :P
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Wait, isn't that what we already have?
Erom

Post by Erom »

Not really. It shuts off the "CLICK-CHUNK" and "WHIIIIIRRRRR-KLANK!" noises when you select a unit or order it to do something, but it doesn't shut off the "EEEERN-EEERN-EEERN-EEERN" noise when something get's attacked off-screen.
Felix the Cat

Post by Felix the Cat »

The only time I actually get alarm noises is when my commander is under attack...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

if you play E&E you have a very sexy female voices that says "Your units are under attack" "your base is under attack" "Your commander is under attack"
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I meant the square that indicates the location.

Return to “Feature Requests”