Clans in the lobby

Clans in the lobby

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom

Clans in the lobby

Post by Maelstrom »

Get annoyed at all the clan tags everywhere in the lobby? I know I do. So, having thought about it, I came up with a pretty simtple solution. Instead of people renaming their accounts when joining a clan (something that causes problems in itself), have a seperate peice of data stored with each user's other info: clan. So, instead of renaming your account to change clans, you simply type '/clan FOO'. Then, as the clan tag is now stored seperately from the username, clan tags could be filtered out for those that dont want them. Clan channels could be set to only accept members of a certain clan. People wouldnt have to rename their accounts to join a clan. It just simplyfies things a little bit. Anyone like the idea?

EDIT: Spelling stuff.
Last edited by Maelstrom on 15 Jul 2006, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

+1

there would have to be a way for the clan leader to password the clan join thing (so someone doesnt just join to get in the chat channel)
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I could string off about 50 features I'd love to see in lobby, but this is definately one of them.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

I would love to see this feature, people should not be able to keep their rank when they rename either.
Zenka

Post by Zenka »

clericvash wrote:I would love to see this feature, people should not be able to keep their rank when they rename either.
I wouldn't know why people should lose their rank when renaming. but the rename feature was indeed called in existance to allow people to wear clantags. Having decent support for clan tags would be nice. Go betalord! (I'm sure AFlobby will eventually have it though).
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Well there are a lot of people who i have had experience with quit when loosing, start games and just exit, are assholes etc etc. You kinda wanna remember those names!
BvDorp

Re: Clans in the lobby

Post by BvDorp »

Maelstrom wrote:....

Instead of people renaming their accounts when joining a clan

People would have to rename their accounts to join a clan. It just simplyfies things a little bit.
:lol: :oops:
hawkki

Post by hawkki »

+1

this could be implemented at the same time as the uniqueID thing i mentioned in another thread.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Definatley +1
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

clericvash wrote:I would love to see this feature, people should not be able to keep their rank when they rename either.
Well that isn't going anywhere. That's the whole point of allowing renaming in the first place. Rank isn't some social status, it's a record of experiance. You don't lose experiance changing your handle.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

One of the features I intended eventually for AFLobby was generic tags. aka KoFF or [WarC] or n# cookies or Dev
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

This would mean modification of the server aswell, me thinks.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

no, it'd be a website based system similar to whats used for host ratings in AltaClient
altaric

Post by altaric »

it has to be server side or it won't change anything ..
otherwise, only those using alternative clients (far from everyone) won't see the tag and will use the rename thingy

what you can d otho is reconize [.....]name as a clan tag and process it like you need, i think i'll do this with my client

(for uniques names, you can use IPs)

Return to “Feature Requests”