Mutator included in the game without URL download?

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

You wanna this?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 6

TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

This could be cool if you could make small mutator, like reducing some unit strength or weapon range, without downloading it yourself from some URL.

That how you could make small changes to the mod, and everyone could join in your room, because they dont need to download it first from some site...

It would work as the current restriction list works now. But maybe this should send the changed unit FBI data only when you start the game, so it wont make lag when you just join in the battle room.

What you think of this?
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Would be so kickass. Then i could tailor the mod to the map, for example if i want air to be kinda crap on epic but want transports to be dirt cheap.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

heh. trademark wants this to be implimented so that he can change EE's balence when he plays the *cough*artillery whoring*cough* Quick EE games he plays on Mineme.
As I told him, If fang discovers him doing that, he'll bite his head off. he doesn't like people modding his mod :O
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

unless he can "steal" the modifications and use them like Epic which was Deci's idea/beta conecpt. Fang then... Fangerized(?) it into what we have now :)
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Fang doesn't like people modding EE. I tried to make a faster version of it, Like "anti-epic" but fang stamped on my head and kicked me in the shins.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Really, just getting mod-downloading to work as well as map-downloading in the client would be a better approach.
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Yes, and no list, just instantly start ownloading when you join, and accept.

Return to “Feature Requests”