Spec delay to avoid specheat

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

MelKor

Post by MelKor »

Hi all,

I was wondering if would be possible to delay the online game for spectators in about 2 or 3mins to avoid the spec cheat, or at least two account spec cheat.

MK
albator

Re: Spec delay to avoid specheat

Post by albator »

option exists to disable spec talk.

So i guess that will be a nope
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Albator, Melkor dont complain about spec talk here...
He complains about one player with 2 computers connected to one game, one to spec cheat and one to play, I am wrong?
voodoomagic

Post by voodoomagic »

one to spec cheat and one to play, I am wrong?
That is how I understand "two account spec cheat."
Nothing to do with chat.

Delay would make some things unusuable. Specs replacing players who left during loading would not work anymore.

Is it possible to use the database to find combinations of players and spec-accounts that more than average are in same game?
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

triton wrote:Albator, Melkor dont complain about spec talk here...
He complains about one player with 2 computers connected to one game, one to spec cheat and one to play, I am wrong?
Indeed, 2 computer from same player to same game, but one connected by proxy, which is the usual case of cheat here.

Plus, with 2 or 3 mins of delay, most of the specheat by skype and others become useless for most attacks and contructions, so is a very good timing to do it.

MK
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

voodoomagic wrote:
one to spec cheat and one to play, I am wrong?
That is how I understand "two account spec cheat."
Nothing to do with chat.

Delay would make some things unusable. Specs replacing players who left during loading would not work anymore.

Is it possible to use the database to find combinations of players and spec-accounts that more than average are in same game?
You can keep the start as usual and keep frozen after start until 2 or 3 mins... so spec replacing remains equal.

MK
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

albator wrote:option exists to disable spec talk.

So i guess that will be a nope
Disabling spec talk is useless, players use skype and others to replace that.
Senna

Post by Senna »

[LCC]LionHeart was a moderator, and he lose his moderator rights plus a permaban forlife by spec cheating on 1v1 battles.

IMO host admins should ban whos spec cheating ingame. If they do not do it and allow that happening then i think is time for lobby moderators should take that in consideration.

Remenber if a host admin allows spec cheating inside the host, that host admin should lose his rights on the host.

If the host admin is the owner of the autohost and doesnt care then is time for lobby moderators take considerations or avoid joining that host.
res

Post by res »

this seems a perfect feature request for implementation in BA mod
albator

Post by albator »

Yep, I missed-read that, my bad. Anyway I personally think that request does not worth any work.

If you are a cheater, take a second PC, connect to neighbor wifi. Done.

The way to actually pin point someone is cheating is by cross-identifing IPpair playing at the same time.

Also, that is quite noticeable that player cheat in 1v1. I barely played 1v1 and I discovered right away Lion was cheating and informed bibim: just see what player do while they have not scouted and then you get very suspicious

Btw, most player can use spec cheat properly, but well for dsd i guess that matters ...
MelKor

Post by MelKor »

albator wrote:
If you are a cheater, take a second PC, connect to neighbor wifi. Done.

The way to actually pin point someone is cheating is by cross-identifing IPpair playing at the same time.
People are using free proxy's, not so sure if IP pair cross-identification work for it.
albator wrote:Also, that is quite noticeable that player cheat in 1v1. I barely played 1v1 and I discovered right away Lion was cheating and informed bibim: just see what player do while they have not scouted and then you get very suspicious
You assume that admins do the job and all people can catch the cheaters... why not better avoid this problem from the system ? you can keep it as an option to be disabled in the worst case.
albator wrote:Btw, the most player can use spec cheat properly, but well for dsd i guess that matters ...
With 3 mins of delay, you discourage a player to keep watching, the game is demanding and need to be focused after 15mins of play, and if they insist, since the beginning of an attack until the enemy see you, is more than enough time.

Plus, you have to consider the cheat between players and specs, they use skype and others, so if you have a better idea to avoid this problem, please let me know.

This will not discourage all the cheaters but will wipe out the cheat for attacks and some online (synced) strategies.

And at the end, this proposal Is something until nothing to do about a problem we have.

MK

Return to “Feature Requests”