Spec vote

Spec vote

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Sausage

Spec vote

Post by Sausage »

Spectators should be able to vote who they think is the 'man of the match' or who played the best. Then at the end of the game it shows in the scores maybe with a page of it's own showing who voted for who or on the first page just showing who has the most votes. Whoever has the most 'damage dealt' should count as an extra vote too.
Jazcash

Re: Spec vote

Post by Jazcash »

No ty.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

lua
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Sausage wrote:Spectators should be able to vote who they think is the 'man of the match' or who played the best.
Sausage wrote:Whoever has the most 'damage dealt' should count as an extra vote too.
So you want a vote that determines a hybrid of popularity and skill? Why are you mixing these two things?

If you are just looking for more random crap at the end of a match, play CA.

Sausage

Post by Sausage »

I just wanted something at the end which accurately displays who played best, none of the current graphs shows that.
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

Sausage wrote:I just wanted something at the end which accurately displays who played best, none of the current graphs shows that.
In general this cannot be done in a simple graph. But in my opinion the damage dealt graph gives something to go on.
Regret

Post by Regret »

Sausage wrote:accurately
Sausage wrote:vote
Because vote by random newbies is more accurate than statistics.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

winner plays best usually
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

Auswaschbar wrote:In general this cannot be done in a simple graph. But in my opinion the damage dealt graph gives something to go on.
I don't know, even this is a bit of a crapshoot. In exponential-econ games it rewards the player who econs in the back while his allies in the front take repeated beatings for the first 20+ minutes of the game. Something more like it would be leading in damage for the longest amount of time, although even this has its problems (especially if said econ players are not good at finishing off their enemy).
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Evil4Zerggin wrote:Something more like it would be leading in damage for the longest amount of time, although even this has its problems (especially if said econ players are not good at finishing off their enemy).
Still a very good idea though. I will consider adding an award for that.
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

Cost in damage! Its the only stat you need to pay attention to. If you want to get really clever, you do cost in damage done to enemy times cost in units built, thats how efficiently he used all his units.

You can easily get most damage in CA if your enemy spams cloggers (or assaults), so you must take cost into account.
Sausage

Post by Sausage »

Damage doesn't mean much at all, some porcy newb with like 3 annihilators and 10 pitbulls in his base might get insane damage but it is things like start raids and wiping out players early on or taking out lots of enemy eco which are most useful/important. This kind of stuff could only be measured by humans. A few years ago all I did was tech like a newb and I thought I was so pro because I always got most damage, when really it doesn't mean anything.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Sausage wrote:Damage doesn't mean much at all
Please listen, you are making us all pull our hair when you say damage dealt is not a good measure of skill and your alternative suggestion is a popularity vote by spectators.

Return to “Feature Requests”