All lobby clients, bot color control in single player

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Xeroxyster

Post by Xeroxyster »

TAS client had color control* for any AI bots you added in a single player game.
SL and QL have color control of bots in Multi-player but not their single-player modes. Could their maintainers please add color control?

*by 'color control' I mean you can select the color for the bot off a color wheel, Not the sudo-random generation in SL.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: All lobby clients, bot color control in single player

Post by hoijui »

til that happens, i recommend you to use the multiplayer tab to organize singleplayer games.
The SP tabs are just here for simplification, as they do not have as many possibilities as the MP ones. Adding more and more stuff to SP would finally make them equal to MP ...
Therefore no point in adding such things.
R-TEAM

Re: All lobby clients, bot color control in single player

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,
hoijui wrote:til that happens, i recommend you to use the multiplayer tab to organize singleplayer games.
The SP tabs are just here for simplification, as they do not have as many possibilities as the MP ones. Adding more and more stuff to SP would finally make them equal to MP ...
Therefore no point in adding such things.
sorry to Dis-agree here ;)
But - if i MUSST connect to the official lobby-server or any other on the internet OR start first the JAVA TAServer on my PC to play a singleplayer game ...... :roll:

The only thing i miss in the singlaplayer tab is the ability to change the bot color (have this long time ago writen here too ...)
I dont need to set-up an placement Area like in multiplayer.
(I know who i placed and the bots place only silly positions if not defined..)

[and this was only for Springlobby - dont know (anymore) who is this handled on TASClient]

Return to “Feature Requests”