Spring on fire

Spring on fire

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

srapop

Spring on fire

Post by srapop »

fire makes the game look really nice.for example,burning wreckages.

imagine your enemy┬┤s base in fire after you pulled your pyros back...

ok,a dead thud for example looks really good, but how about a BURNING dead thud?

a question would be whether the fire hinders reclaiming.or whether the fire(energy) adds E to reclaim if you are fast enough to catch the unit before it goes out.

there is already some code in the engine(or in CA)that includes burning units,and burning features.

that makes me hope the implementation of fire will be easy.
srapop

Re: Spring on fire

Post by srapop »

just an example from good old warzone 2100.shows how nice a fire effect can add action.

manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

hi,

yeah burning units would be cool and yes CA has a fire-dmg-system also look at XTA noruas added some (simple) fire-effects to powerful units if the had taken some serious damage (>50% hp-lost)
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

CA. :wink:
srapop

Post by srapop »

MidKnight wrote:Image
lol beatz warzone :P

still dont see burning wreckages
manolo_ wrote:hi,

yeah burning units would be cool and yes CA has a fire-dmg-system also look at XTA noruas added some (simple) fire-effects to powerful units if the had taken some serious damage (>50% hp-lost)
yeah,thats cool. :P the right direction :P
Last edited by srapop on 02 Jan 2010, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
srapop

Post by srapop »

what i meant is wreckages on fire.

if wreckages are features,it would look really easy.
tree-features burn, so somehow use that for the wreckages.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

FWIW, S44 has burning wrecks.

The code required is pretty minimal. At any rate - this is a mod side issue. Not something that needs to be added to the engine really, though support for features burning in the way that default trees do would be nice.
srapop

Post by srapop »

FLOZi wrote:FWIW, S44 has burning wrecks.

The code required is pretty minimal.
thats good.
FLOZi wrote: At any rate - this is a mod side issue. Not something that needs to be added to the engine really, though support for features burning in the way that default trees do would be nice
how about an option to select or not in the settings?if its simple,like burning wreckage features,the mod would work anyway.
isnt it better if just the engine changes(gives that as option)so not every mod that needs it has to do it separate?
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

srapop wrote:
how about an option to select or not in the settings?if its simple,like burning wreckage features,the mod would work anyway.
isnt it better if just the engine changes(gives that as option)so not every mod that needs it has to do it separate?
That's a sticky issue, the general consensus is that if something can be done relatively trivially by the mod creator it should not be added to the engine code because the engine code should be kept as simple, solid and unbuggy as possible... this particular feature request MIGHT be the kind of thing that would be better off as an engine feature (aka, having wreckages have the option to be marked as flammable in the same way as trees and have the option of being ignited when wreckage is created...)... but it all comes down to the Mod Makers (or map makers, as there are a number of maps that would benefit from flammable custom trees)... if you have created a mod that wouldbenefit from this feature in a way that can't be resolved by scripting, the developers would be more willing to donate their time to your cause.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

wreckages that cool down from glowing red to normal scrap metall would be cool + fire in addition
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

srapop wrote:

NO HOW DARE YOU BEGIN TO COMPARE!!!!
warzone was best (and still is but no one play any more :[ ) rts of all time. If you disagree then ill 1v1 you and put 5 ais on your team too.
ca is just a lolz mod. its funny but no where near the gameplay of warzone.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

srapop wrote:what i meant is wreckages on fire.

if wreckages are features,it would look really easy.
tree-features burn, so somehow use that for the wreckages.
TotalA engine FTW!

Click to enlarge
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

yeah so results of this thread are:

totala > spring
warezone2100 > spring

gg
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

yeah zwzsg thos were the good old days, everything was better back then, including us not beeing born.
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

PicassoCT wrote:yeah zwzsg thos were the good old days, everything was better back then, including us not beeing born.
vageen
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

d_b wrote: NO HOW DARE YOU BEGIN TO COMPARE!!!!
warzone was best (and still is but no one play any more :[ ) rts of all time. If you disagree then ill 1v1 you and put 5 ais on your team too.
I accept the 1v6 challenge
smoth

Post by smoth »

Flozi posted the code long ago for this. It does not need to be an engine feature
Tribulex
A.N.T.S. Developer

Post by Tribulex »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:
d_b wrote: NO HOW DARE YOU BEGIN TO COMPARE!!!!
I accept the 1v6 challenge
k tell me ur ip and give me a time when i might be awake and not at work or school.

Thats half the battle...
srapop

Post by srapop »

SinbadEV wrote: this particular feature request MIGHT be the kind of thing that would be better off as an engine feature (aka, having wreckages have the option to be marked as flammable in the same way as trees and have the option of being ignited when wreckage is created...)
i think so :twisted:
SinbadEV wrote: ... if you have created a mod that wouldbenefit from this feature in a way that can't be resolved by scripting, the developers would be more willing to donate their time to your cause.
well,i plan too.might take a while.and there are good mods out there which MIGHT benefit from it.
srapop

Post by srapop »

d_b wrote:
srapop wrote:

NO HOW DARE YOU BEGIN TO COMPARE!!!!
THIS IS A COMPARISON OF GRAPHICS.
since warzone is still under development, i cant say the graphics will be always like now.
atm they ARE somehow inferior.
now look the gameplay.woohoo!that is indeed a huge difference.look at the warzone missions.they are so awesome.i played warzone soo long myself,until i found spring :P
indeed, CA is a lolz mod.

Return to “Feature Requests”