Radar Type?

Radar Type?

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

HoneyFox

Radar Type?

Post by HoneyFox »

Can radar have their types so that one type of radar can only scan for ground/airborne/etc targets?

This can make AWACS/radar more realistic and not overpowered.
manored

Re: Radar Type?

Post by manored »

Im not expert and not even mildly acknoledged in the issue, but I remember of someone saying that having multiple types of radar would be very hard to do. And you are right about the unrealism of our radars, real radars only detect aircraft and ships, since there are too many obstacles on land to tell things apart... tough I prefer to not have to waste tons of attention microing ground scout units :)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

No, not with the regular radar handling. Has been suggested often enough but would probably take some work to implement.
HoneyFox

Post by HoneyFox »

yup, my original aim is to make AWACS not be able to scan for ground targets but those recon planes (fink for example) can because they are equiped with optical cameras/infrared cameras or something like that.

so maybe we need to deploy multiple types of radar in an area. including ground-radar(although in reality it may not exists), anti-air radar and even anti-sub "radar"(that maybe called sonar though). if radar has a line in its blueprint file like:
canScan=NOTSUB NOTAIR; (use category to identify)
or something like that.

:mrgreen: anyway, one more alternative will be better.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

It would probably be easier to add in a new sensor type and simply call them by "sensor#" in the unit fbi. I fear the more the number of sensors in the mod the more it really would kill overall response from the gui.

I've always wanted a setting for relative radar, stealth, and jammer power. If you had a first gen radar it would not detect a second gen stealth. And a second gen radar would burn through a first gen jammer. And so on.

Return to “Feature Requests”