map/mod links in lobby

map/mod links in lobby

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Gota

map/mod links in lobby

Post by Gota »

i want the ability to specify a map and a mod link next to the map name or instead of it in the lobby menu.
Wouldnt it make life much easier?people wont have to advertise maplnks or paste them inside the rooms..
Id also suggest removing the description part.Nobody really needs it.
ZellSF

Re: map/mod links in lobby

Post by ZellSF »

The description is very useful, and has been used lots of times, for example for stating special rules for the server and what amount of players the game is waiting for, besides, removing stuff just to remove stuff doesn't really make much sense.
Gota

Post by Gota »

It makes sense to make t more pleasing to the eye and to have less useless detail pop up in front of you.So many playes just move it away so they will have ro for map name player listings and mod name.
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

ZellSF wrote:The description is very useful, and has been used lots of times, for example for stating special rules for the server and what amount of players the game is waiting for, besides, removing stuff just to remove stuff doesn't really make much sense.
+1
kiki

Post by kiki »

Gota wrote:It makes sense to make t more pleasing to the eye and to have less useless detail pop up in front of you.So many playes just move it away so they will have ro for map name player listings and mod name.
If you have a problem with it, follow your own advice.
Gota

Post by Gota »

Fine.
But what about the ability to put a link to the map and a link to the mod near their respective names.
The host has the ability to give 2 links 1 tothe mod and 1 to the map and they show as "link" near map names and mod names.

Instead of adding another value like the avarage rank in a room which is stupid anyway cause people dont play according to their time spent in game,maybe time can be consumed in work on features that will be more benefitial.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I could go for the links.
aegis

Post by aegis »

Something like links would probably need server support, and last I checked nobody is willing to work on the current server ;)

Also, changing protocol needs support from the lobby devs or people get unhappy.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

This whole discussion is somewhat pointless.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

actually the avg ranks is not that useless, it's useful for newbies that want to play with newbies and people that don't want to play with newbies ...

and as i told you and aegis said it would need a server update too ask betalord ;)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Feature Request.
Somebody start working on the server.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Aren't there already new lobby servers in preparation ?
aegis

Post by aegis »

bibim wrote:Aren't there already new lobby servers in preparation ?
Just mine ;) I'm pretty sure AF's has not been worked on for a while as he is busy with other things.

Return to “Feature Requests”