Could aircraft carriers store planes???

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

...and launch groups to attack?
Note that Im not talking about TA carriers style, but the next NOT-TA-RTS generation games for SPRING , including Word War 2 ones.
vonGratz :wink:
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Well, it should be possible, but I expect it will be difficult to implement as such. I could launch into some useless theory, but you're probably on your own with this.
rcdraco

well

Post by rcdraco »

I'm interested in this. Kernel Panic Terminal's seem to use more or less the needed LUA. Make it spawn a unit as the attack function, via cob/bos can probably be done with LUA/COB and a "blank" weapon with zero damage.

Not too sure about my idea, but I want to see where this goes, because I really need it for my mod. :D
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

It should be possible via Lua, you'd have to delete all planes that dock with the carrier and store what they were in Lua, then on a launch order you spawn the stored planes again and transfer the appropriate commands to them.
VonGratz

Post by VonGratz »

I love Lucy, and Lua :!:
vonGratz :wink:
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

What about loading and unloading them like a transporter?
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

That would not refuel/repair the planes, also it'd unload the planes on land instead of launching them. You could probably use Lua to trigger the loading and prevent unloading in other ways but then you can jsut as well lua the whole thing.

Return to “Feature Requests”