[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7 - Page 5

[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

sorry i've been busy lately, and didn't have a chance to try it; this unitsync version doesn't work on my OS neither (mandriva 2007)

even on my pc it complains it lacks of unitsync (but as you can see in the screenshot it's present...), i might try later to build myself an unitsync with your java bindings and see if it works.

oh, btw, linux is case sensistive, so UnitSync.so is different as unitsync (i tried to rename the file and it's not working neither)

this is the screenshot after pressing ok:

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Can you try putting aflobby and unitsync in a folder with mods and maps? I suspect that there may be a crash error or other problem caused by putting aflobby in a standalone folder with no content.

And its "unitsync" it looks for, java adds so/dll/dylib to the end depending on the OS.

However, with the adding the unitsync error dialog, you should be able to join channels/pm/etc. You would probably get a crash when you try to host with the mod pull down list returning null value as selected object, and you'll never get sync in battles.

Thanks for the screenshots ^_^
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

doesn't work in my spring data folder, i also try to build my own version of unitsync with java bindings and i succeed in building it, but neither my build worked with aflobby.

my guess it that it's a code/java related issue.

if you want, i'll find a way to publish my unitsync build and post it, if someone else wants to test it.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

maybe its the location of the unitsync library, something similair to teh windows PATH environment variable, not that this is a problem for me.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

Java's loadLibrary() function looks in java.library.path, which under Windows includes the current working directory but under Linux only contains /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, etc. Do a...

Code: Select all

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/bla/bla/aflobby/
... from a Bash shell and the JVM should be able to find unitsync.so when run from that shell (or create a symlink from /usr/lib to where you've installed AFLobby).

Edit: loadLibrary() also prepends 'lib' to the filename on Linux, so you have to rename the actual file to libunitsync.so or you'll get the same link error.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

are you aware of a java based fix for that kloot?
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

tried either assigning the environment variable, or by moving the libunitsync.so to /usr/lib/; still not working for me....
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

if you move unitsync to /usr/lib then you might get aflobby to load it but at the same time by placing it in that folder you've crippled its ability to actually do anything.

try without the .so on the end.
10053r

Post by 10053r »

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner (I was away for the weekend). Alpha 14 acts the same as alpha 13, but you knew that already. I tried renaming the UnitSync.so you packaged with alpha 14 to UnitSync, but no luck. It is in the same folder as the .jar.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

"unitsync"
10053r

Post by 10053r »

I named it properly in actuality. I put it wrong in my post, sorry.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

=(

anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

A quick fix is to pass "-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/:." (sans quotes) to the JVM, although I don't get why the other method doesn't help.
10053r

Post by 10053r »

I thought moving the unitsync to the /usr/lib/ would make aflobby not work? why would you pass that path to the jvm?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

So it looks in the CWD.
10053r

Post by 10053r »

All right. I have tried version 14 with every possible combination of the following: passing kloot's command line, renaming UnitSync.so to UnitSync, renaming UnitSync.so to unitsync, and renaming unitsync.dll to unitsync. In each case, I got the following errors:

/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:70: Engine "ubuntulooks" is unsupported, ignoring
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:240: Priority specification is unsupported, ignoring
Additionally, in each case, I got the following error when I attempted to log in:

Unsatisfied link error, make sure you have a JNI aware UnitSync library in the same folder as AFLobby
Once, when I started the lobby, I saw a blue screen and the buttons, rather than the white screen and only seeing buttons when I press on them. However, even when I did nothing but restart the lobby (without any changes), I did not see the graphics properly again. Even when I saw the graphics properly, I still got the same error messages. Hope that helps eliminate some possibilities!
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

All but one: libunitsync.so ;)
own3d

Post by own3d »

AF if you want to support linux it would probably be a good idea that you installed it so you yourself can directly test changes. Virtualisation or something along those lines would do the trick.

Something like VMware would work its free as well.
http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

This looks helpful:
http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/11/07/v ... ation.html
architeuthis

Post by architeuthis »

AF, if you don't want to do virtualisation you can try this out: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/install.exe/Prototype It's a program which installs Ubuntu "inside" windows, without the need of virtualisation or partitioning. I don't know if it's already completely usable or functional, but it came up in my mind.
Last edited by architeuthis on 21 Feb 2007, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

if you don't want to use a virtual machine this project ported a linux kernel to windows; allowing to run linux programs natvely in windows @ almost full speed

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/AndLinux

@ 10053r

your ubuntulooks isn't really an error, it's a "warning"; it's something that might cause difunctions but won't stop the usabilty of the lobby, in your case it means that the lobby isn't using the grafic theme of ubuntu, so it will have a different look, rather than your grafic session

EDIT: lol architeuthis, you beat me to it

Return to “Linux”