[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7 - Page 4

[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

It should be $HOME/.aflobby. (I doubt Java file reading/writing functions know about environment variable substitution tho, so you'll have to getenv("HOME") + "/.aflobby" (pseudocode)).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Also, shouldn't you place the lobby minimaps in in .spring were all the other files for spring are kept?
perhaps but then again AFLobby isnt solely intended for spring in the long long run.....

And thanks tobi, I'll have to look into that, it'd also make for better vista support with saving in c:\users\*username*\.aflobby\ instead of being shunted to a virtualstore compatability folder by Vista.

Can anybody else who had issues with beta 12 verify they dont have them with alpha 13a?

Is this to say AFLobby runs fine on ubuntu now?
10053r

Post by 10053r »

Not on ubuntu edgy (the latest stable). edgy only has java5 in it. You have to upgrade to ubuntu feisty (unstable) to get java6. So I'm stuck with not being able to host or participate in games with specs (latest released version of unitylobby) until either hollowsoul makes a release or April 16th, when feisty comes out. :( (Not that anyone should care about me in particular, I'm just whining). True, I could install java6 from edgy-proposed, but it is horribly broken.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

So alpha 13a definately doesnt work in java 5 still?
own3d

Post by own3d »

I just tried it on windows xp on java 5 and I had a white band all down the right hand side and it wouldn't login so im a bit confused about that. It should work I did exactly what you said. I will test it on ubuntu in a few days but im not optimistic if it doesnt even function on xp.
own3d

Post by own3d »

own3d wrote:I just tried it on windows xp on java 5 and I had a white band all down the right hand side and it wouldn't login so im a bit confused about that. It should work I did exactly what you said. I will test it on ubuntu in a few days but im not optimistic if it doesnt even function on xp.
Well I tried it but its having more problems im afraid.

java -jar AFLobby.jar
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:70: Engine "ubuntulooks" is unsupported, ignoring
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:240: Priority specification is unsupported, ignoring
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
at aflobby.LMain.AddView(LMain.java:625)
at aflobby.LMain.formWindowOpened(LMain.java:438)
at aflobby.LMain.access$300(LMain.java:54)
at aflobby.LMain$3.windowOpened(LMain.java:151)
at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Window.java:1187)
at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:1148)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1778)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

and if I press the login button which I cannot see because it appears white i get this:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
at aflobby.JSplash.jButton1MouseReleased(JSplash.java:155)
at aflobby.JSplash.mouseReleased(JSplash.java:148)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:232)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3126)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5253)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I personally havent a clue what this error is, and can only assume its soemthign todo with laying out objects in containers.

If your on windows, atm I can only say:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/

At the moment the only real people who need this problem solved are people who are stuck with ubuntu and java 5, and really you have no excuse for running java 5 on Windows XP of all operating systems as you've had Java 6 for almost 2 months now and plenty of warning in this thread.

The white part along the side is something related to layout again I suspect but I've only gotten this from one other person smoth, who was using alpha 12 not 13a, and he has yet to verify wether the same issue is there in the latest version.

I noticed that the java vm writes exception info to a file in the spring folder when aflobby crashes for whatever reason, this includes much better information than simple stacktraces.

And looking further into it I'm going to change the layout class of the container that arranges the thumbnails in the page picker pane from GridBagLayout to BoxLayout, so can anyone having these issues test it out?

And can I stress that I only want reports from alpha 13a/b, I dont want to know if it doesnt work for you if your using alpha 12. If it isnt the latest release, I dont want to hear it, because chances are I've fixed it already, and it confuses the hell out of me.

alpha 13b will be uploaded shortly.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/23 ... est_build/

alpha 13b

warning: this file does not contain any instructions, it does not contain the required JNI aware Unitsync library and is not intended as a proper release, rather if you have a problem with alpha 13a, try this version and tell me if the issue goes away.
10053r

Post by 10053r »

it looks like alpha13b is the same as alpha13a to me. Totally white screen and no login button until I roll over it.

System:
Ubuntu edgy eft vanilla install 32bit
Sun Java 5

It didn't crash, so no exceptions or stacktraces available. Let me know and I'll help you get it working any way I can. I even know a little bit of Java, although it was all for WebObjects (so probably no help in a standalone app).
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

GroupLayout and its inner class Group were added in Java 1.6, so if you have a 1.5 JRE/SDK you should get NoClassDef exceptions...
10053r

Post by 10053r »

I'll try running it from the command line and see what happens.
10053r

Post by 10053r »

Code: Select all

1053r@vinge:~/Desktop$ /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.08/bin/java AFLobby.jar 
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: AFLobby/jar
1053r@vinge:~/Desktop$
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Thats incorrect.

java -jar aflobby.jar
not
java aflobby.jar
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I've told ym computer to downlaod the java 5 jdk for now to see if I can solve any more issues when I get back alter
10053r

Post by 10053r »

Code: Select all

1053r@vinge:~/Desktop$ /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.08/bin/java -jar AFLobby.jar 
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:70: Engine "ubuntulooks" is unsupported, ignoring
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:240: Priority specification is unsupported, ignoring
        at aflobby.LMain.formWindowOpened(LMain.java:438)
        at aflobby.LMain.access$300(LMain.java:54)
        at aflobby.LMain$3.windowOpened(LMain.java:151)
        at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Window.java:1187)
        at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:1148)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I believe I've solved that problem, after downloading the java 5 jdk and finding and removing a lot of mentions of it.

I also seem to have found the cause of the white bar along the right problem, and the cause is the resizing code, which made use of a function that it seems is new to Java 6.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

10053r

Post by 10053r »

Alpha 14 is much better. Still 2 problems:

1) initial screen all white with the following error message:
Do I need to install another package?

2) it complained about no jni aware unitsync, but the unitsync that you packaged with it was right there.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The message appears if an unsatisfied link error occurs.

So:

NEVER run from inside the archive, aka no running from winrar or winzip or another archiver unels syou've extracted the files already

NEVER run using the unitsync.dll/so that comes with spring

ALWAYS make sure you're using the latets version fo both JNI unitsync and AFLobby

As for the latter error, thats puzzling as that isnt an error at all. If java doesnt find ubuntu looks it totally ignores (ignores not crashes), and reverts to the default. This is not an error, this is standard java runtime logic, and it is not the cause of any AFLobby problems and could not possibly cause errors.

This is like saying there's a problem with my water pipes, therefore my television isnt usable.

What's more AFLobby alpha 13+ is told specifically to not set the native look and feel if that look and feel is ubuntulooks

If you have a graphical problem take a screenshot and show me (full screen, no cropping it to show just the window and no background), and test to see if it goes away when you resize the window.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Is this to say that despite that 1 issue 10053r has, that there are no other problems under ubuntu?

Any work on getting a screenshot yet 10053r?

Return to “Linux”