[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7 - Page 45

[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Changes have been made!!!!!!!

- Auto login
- Shortcut buttons for common actions and websites on the initial login page
- A fix for smileys under windows (regex not liking windows backslashes(yay meltrax!))
- A divider for the chat and player lists as requested
- The script battle tab is now only shown when running with the developer 'netbeans' parameter
- Fixed NSIS script
- version n# updated to beta 3.6

btw, the java unitsync bindings don't provide the map size/metalvalue etc values yet. I need to change the bindings in svn ready for the next release of spring.
el_matarife

Post by el_matarife »

A few comments based on 3.5 running in JRE 6.2 on Windows Vista:
  1. Is there an option to not join #Main and #AfLobby on login? I looked under settings and didn't see any options relating to what channels to join.
  2. If you attempt to enter a passworded channel on the channel list pane, it gives you a bad password error but doesn't ask you for a password first. Can you add a password entry dialog?
  3. Since there's not a $local pane like the normal lobby there's not an easy place to input various lobby commands like joining passworded channels, getting ingame time, and stuff like that. Any chance you could add a text entry box to do that in one of the panes? I don't want to do most of this stuff in an active channel window.
  4. Can you add default color schemes that match the native Windows XP / Vista style? Or let the whole color scheme be easily customized?
  5. Finally, can you add an option for the chat windows to act more like IRC rather than an IM client? The username followed by multiple lines of chat makes this behave more like MSN / iChat than an IRC client which I prefer for the lobby since I'm used to it.
Relative

Post by Relative »

el_matarife wrote: Is there an option to not join #Main and #AfLobby on login? I looked under settings and didn't see any options relating to what channels to join.
Joining #aflobby is default, but you can control joining #main and other channels on startup.

In the "Settings" tab and under "On login" there is a text box. Click the reload button which should bring up:

Code: Select all

/j main
Just remove this command and click save to stop the auto join of #main on login.

Additionally you can choose to join other channels.

For example:

Code: Select all

/j main, ca, unknown, news,
/j = join command
, = new channel

Also, for passwords you can put:
Space after channel name = password

eg:

/j main, channel password, ca, unknown, news
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

el_matarife wrote:A few comments based on 3.5 running in JRE 6.2 on Windows Vista:
  1. Is there an option to not join #Main and #AfLobby on login? I looked under settings and didn't see any options relating to what channels to join.

As relative said you can prevent it joining #main at start up but not #aflobby. I shall be making an adjustment if possible so that you don't have to click the reload button in the settings tab, and if possible a mechanism for detecting if a channel is on auto join so that the 'join on start up' button changes to 'remove auto join' or something similar
  2. If you attempt to enter a passworded channel on the channel list pane, it gives you a bad password error but doesn't ask you for a password first. Can you add a password entry dialog?

I agree, and I shall implement a password box shortly. As relative pointed out it can already be worked around, but why put the user through unnecessary bother?
  3. Since there's not a $local pane like the normal lobby there's not an easy place to input various lobby commands like joining passworded channels, getting ingame time, and stuff like that. Any chance you could add a text entry box to do that in one of the panes? I don't want to do most of this stuff in an active channel window.

There is a sendrawtraffic command that can do that. Also the contents of $local are in a text box in the starting tab. Opening the raw traffic window should bring up an entry point such as you requested however can you tell me if that window shows up at all?
  4. Can you add default color schemes that match the native Windows XP / Vista style? Or let the whole color scheme be easily customized?

If you remove the substance.jar file it will give a stacktrace at startup and revert to the default looknfeel aka the swing brushed metal theme. You can then use standard command line parameters to specify a looknfeel of your choice. However the default swing looknfeel is horrible so upon failure to load substance I shall set it to load the native looknfeel.

At some point in the future there will be a theme picker.
  5. Finally, can you add an option for the chat windows to act more like IRC rather than an IM client? The username followed by multiple lines of chat makes this behave more like MSN / iChat than an IRC client which I prefer for the lobby since I'm used to it.

Untoggle multiline messages and it'll revert to the standard TASClient/IRC style formatting

There is a windows installer for a work in progress beta 3.6 on smoths forum in the aflobby+NTAI forum. It has one or two improvements already mentioned as well as a set of buttons on the starting page for common actions and websites, an improved auto login, and some other minor things. Windows users are advised to test this build and report back any issues as soon as possible. This build contains several windows specific bug fixes
Relative

Post by Relative »

Untoggle multiline messages and it'll revert to the standard TASClient/IRC style formatting
I think he is asking for a setting that changes it permanently, rather than having to change it per channel on each login.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

agreed
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The settings tab has been refactored allowing me to finally enable the settings button in the main splash screen.

I've also implemented the channel joining password window. Heres a quick shot from the IDE designer test window:

Also should UF start allowing inclient downloads, I have a nice new class and UI set up ready for it. It handled downloading 2mb jpegs fine.

I've one or two issues to do with auto login to iron out first.
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

AF wrote: Also should UF start allowing inclient downloads, I have a nice new class and UI set up ready for it. It handled downloading 2mb jpegs fine.
0_o Whats that going to be used for? (Apart from the possiblity of mod/map downloads, which I doubt will happen soon)
iamacup

Post by iamacup »

Lippy wrote:
AF wrote: Also should UF start allowing inclient downloads, I have a nice new class and UI set up ready for it. It handled downloading 2mb jpegs fine.
0_o Whats that going to be used for? (Apart from the possiblity of mod/map downloads, which I doubt will happen soon)
it will be possible if someone makes it possible in the client/server end to identify maps with md5 hashes.

otherwise its hard :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If you CRC hashed all your files cuppy, just a plain CRC hash no dependency nonsense then that would work for around 80% of files with no modifications.

At that point the problem then changes from that of UF handling hashes to that of the lobby distributing nonXOR'ed hashes aswell as XOR'ed hashes.

As a note this unitsync function does not XOR dependencies like the others and would do exactly whats needed of a host in order for the protocol to distribute the hash required:

GetArchiveChecksum();
anterak

Post by anterak »

hello

I m french, translation of aflobby is afwul.

i find languages_fr_FR.properties file in svn. I check it. How can i give it to you ?

thanks
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Upload it somewhere and then link to it.

These sites should be useful for uploading:

http://www.temp-files.com
http://www.rapidshare.com
http://www.yousendit.com
anterak

Post by anterak »

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Unless someone posts that you've put all sorts of icky stuff in french in there it'll be committed when I get back to my main PC.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Updates:

- Added a setting to choose between the native system looknfeel, substance and the java default.
- Added a setting for disabling/enabling the sideways tabs under substance theme
- Added a panel and controls for picking unitsync and spring paths under non windows OS.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

your translation suck ... you are really french ? Disconnected != Debranch├â┬® ...

Translating Disconnected by Unpluged ... is not really smart :( AutoScroll should not be translated ... or should be translated by "D├â┬®filement Auto" ...

AF just remove the french translation i'll translate your lobby when it will work on my comp
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

there's a java unitsync test app on UF sairik.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

support for /findip /ip /lastip and /kick added.

Instead of opening a private message window, the player list in channels and the main window will now open up an info window with details etc, as well as a few buttons for commands. Users will see "Send a PM", and moderators have extra commands.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I've almost completed setting up ladder hosting.

Next is integrating it into the battlewindow, and then reporting the ladder games when finished.
anterak

Post by anterak »

Satirik wrote :
http://rapidshare.com/files/55876095/la ... properties

your translation suck ... you are really french ? Disconnected != Debranch├â┬® ...

Translating Disconnected by Unpluged ... is not really smart AutoScroll should not be translated ... or should be translated by "D├â┬®filement Auto" ...

AF just remove the french translation i'll translate your lobby when it will work on my comp
I don t try translate, but fixing bad french translation i found.
Give Me english.properties to translate.

Thx

Return to “Linux”