Cannot see some downloaded games in Spring browser--why?

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

Cmdr_Shaffer

Post by Cmdr_Shaffer »

Okay--so I'm having a TON of fun with Spring--but I'm a newbie to both it and Linux, so it could be that I just hit a wrong button. I'm probably doing what a lot of you did when you were new :P Going on a Spring binge and just downloading anything and everything I can. Naturally--not everything works. I'm sure I'll be back with other problems, but the first one that I'm asking about today is in the subject line. Specifically, Star Wars (downloaded from SpringFiles--apparently it's not Imperial Winter), TA: World Domination, Universal Annihilation, and War Evolution are not showing up in the Spring games selector. Is there a reason for this? Thanks in advance for all your help, guys. :-)
smoth

Re: Cannot see some downloaded games in Spring browser--why?

Post by smoth »

those 3 projects have been long dead and are not in the rapid system because they are unmaintained and they no longer work so they have not been moved there.
Cmdr_Shaffer

Post by Cmdr_Shaffer »

Ahh! Well, too bad about their untimely cessation, but I'm glad the "fix", such as it is, was so simple. Thanks! :-)
smoth

Post by smoth »

bear in mind starwars is what later became known as imperial winter, you have lost nothing in getting that one instead.
Cmdr_Shaffer

Post by Cmdr_Shaffer »

Oh hey, okay--didn't know that--thought they were two different games. I'll keep an eye on Imperial Winter then, and maybe try to get a shot at the beta :-)

Return to “Linux”