Mageia 3 packaging

Mageia 3 packaging

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

JoeChip

Mageia 3 packaging

Post by JoeChip »

I can't play anymore, because there is no Mageia3 package for the last Spring version. I intented to learn how to do to make it, but I didn't, so you can consider I deserve to be punished :)

But if someone is curious about linux distros, he should consider Mageia3 and by the same way could make the package. I'm not from linux world, i try to rejoin it, but it takes time, too :)

I choosed Mageia for ethic and organisational reasons, i'm quiet pro in win but i don't wanna use it anymore, but i'm a noob in linux too :)

Maybe someone can do that in half an hour, i will need weeks...

Thanks to anyone who will do that I can play again.

(Sorry for my english)
jK
Spring Developer

Re: Mageia 3 packaging

Post by jK »

there are linux static builds available those work on 99% of all linux distros.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Thanks for your fast answer. :-)

I actually succeded : you get the file, unpack in any clean directory, than you change the path od spring and libunitsync.so.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Well, it seems it doesn't work, the way I did it :( it seems i'm unsync when ingame... No way to have a JWS-like system ?
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Tried "portable minimal" but lost all settings including ATI tunings...Seems easier to try from XP[32] :(
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@JoeChip:

what does "lost all settings" mean? the minimal portables use a dedicated config file...
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

That means that the tunings of my install of Spring has disappeared, and that problems i resolved several month ago seem to be back...
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

thats way to unspecific if you want help or a bug fix please give more info. the 7z archive is a portable install, it shouldn't write to folders outside of the extracted directory. are you sure the old engine has a different config file?

infolog.txt / on console shows which config is used.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

I saw the "red screen" again, i saw my widgets settings and tunings have disappeared, what seems quiet logical since I launch now a standalone soft, not related with the previous version.

I'm not gonna take as much time I took the previous time. Had I this time, I would use it to make the Mageia package.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

as you don't answer questions, we can't help.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

You helped already, thanks. What is needed is a packager for Mageia 3, i don't have time to learn that, for now. I don't know if someone in the dev team can, devs always have something more interesting to do than deployment :)

I personnally think Mageia 3 is a good distro (wich includes Spring in officially maintained packages), it's beta, so packaging can take time, as there are few users for now... Good time to search one.

Last thing : I find that Spring project is among the best things people can do, and that Mageia too. To be able to play right now, I know I could just switch to (or install on some HD) Ubuntu or any more known distro, I use linux only for test and learning, and play spring... But I put my bet on Mageia3, for good reasons.
gajop

Post by gajop »

jK wrote:there are linux static builds available those work on 99% of all linux distros.
This. Try it again and post your errors. All one should do is extract it and run (or setup springlobby to run it).
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

I didn't have time, I try again. Sorry if I made you lose time, but as you can see in my first post I'm anyway looking at a Mageia packager for Spring among the players. I didn't want tho bother Spring project devs.
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Ok, I can play BA, but some GUI tunings I made has disappeared. I'm gonna fix it, by looking what I changed and copying the files in the new installation. But in this process I can fail and damage the new install. That's not a problem, if I have time to play I have time to do that too.

But :
1) not all end-user can do that, Mageai3 wants to be end-user oriented, so they have to find a way. They are still beta, so there is time left.
2) i think Srping dev team isn't involved until i talk about bugs
3) I thank the Spring dev team for their attention & readtivity :)
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Ok this is for you maybe : how do I get my old UI settings back ? including widgets... the /home/user folder seems to be used for maps, not for widgets ?
Last edited by JoeChip on 22 Mar 2013, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
gajop

Post by gajop »

remove ~/.spring/cache (you may also need to remove ~/.spring/LuaUI if you added anything)
JoeChip

Post by JoeChip »

Everything seems now to work quiet ok : i copied some files from the old to the new location, and deteted cache and LUAUI folders in .spring, than cache in new location too. Everything seems to works fine now, thanks !

Return to “Linux”