Slackware Wiki Update

Slackware Wiki Update

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

jpcordovae

Slackware Wiki Update

Post by jpcordovae »

Hi everybody, I just made some updates to the Slackware wiki, and sad to say that due the close of megauload we lost the script that I had made to make automatic install of the packages and stuff, so if someone already have it, please sent it to me asap to put it in another host that I have (private, belong to me, so no more shared-sites crap problems).

Updates: Updated packages for Slackware 13.37 x86_64

Pending:
- 32 bits packages, I'll try to make it with my multilib library, I never test it compiling for 32bits.
- Recover that install script or make a new-better one, I expend few hours there :(

Thanks in advance !!

[DoR]MelKor

PD: I should have make this update before, but for professional reasons I had to uninstall linux until now
abma
Spring Developer

Re: Slackware Wiki Update

Post by abma »

i don't know how packages for slackware are made, but is this the script you search?

in:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1277376/slackwa ... i486-1.tgz

/usr/doc/spring-0.82.7.1/spring.SlackBuild

the contents look like that could be the file you search, but i'm not sure as i never used slackware.

also, please put it on a public host like github... a private host can disappear, too.
jpcordovae

Post by jpcordovae »

No, it is not the script what I was looking for. The script spring.SlackBuild (or any xxx.SlackBuild) is a script used to select architecture, patch code , compiler options (--libdir options for example in 64b distribution), install directories, and anything relative to slackware distribution before compile and make a slackware package (.tgz or .txz) for a specific source code package (spring in this case).

For almost any well known software, there is a slackbuild script at http://slackbuilds.org/

I'll going to make that script again this weekend.

Seems to me that noone use slackware, sad, because it is a good and simple distribution, ideal to learn Linux.

Thanks anyway !!

JP
daedalos

Post by daedalos »

jpcordovae wrote:No, it is not the script what I was looking for. The script spring.SlackBuild (or any xxx.SlackBuild) is a script used to select architecture, patch code , compiler options (--libdir options for example in 64b distribution), install directories, and anything relative to slackware distribution before compile and make a slackware package (.tgz or .txz) for a specific source code package (spring in this case).

For almost any well known software, there is a slackbuild script at http://slackbuilds.org/

Seems to me that noone use slackware, sad, because it is a good and simple distribution, ideal to learn Linux.

Thanks anyway !!

JP
I run slackware linux on my second HDD. Have you ever found this script? Just wondering because I would like to install the game into slackware.

Also have you seen any performance difference between WIN7 and Slack?

Thanks~!
daedalos

Post by daedalos »

jpcordovae wrote:No, it is not the script what I was looking for. The script spring.SlackBuild (or any xxx.SlackBuild) is a script used to select architecture, patch code , compiler options (--libdir options for example in 64b distribution), install directories, and anything relative to slackware distribution before compile and make a slackware package (.tgz or .txz) for a specific source code package (spring in this case).

Thanks anyway !!

JP
I run slackware linux on my second HDD. Have you ever found this script? Just wondering because I would like to install the game into slackware.

Also have you seen any performance difference between WIN7 and Slack?

Thanks~!
jpcordovae

Post by jpcordovae »

Hi, well, the MT run smoother in Linux, and graphics are better from my perception (I have no real metrics), but in Win7 it runs very well since 0.82 version.

And about installation, go to the wiki http://springrts.com/wiki/Slackware12_install and install the packages that you can find in the wiki (installpkg as root) and the game will run, I just made a full install of slackware and use the packages, they works just perfect without any compilation, they will works for you as well.

If you have any problem send me an email to jpcordovae@gmail.com to fix it asap.

Best regards,

[DoR]MelKor

Return to “Linux”