[Solved]Springlobby - no "downloads" tab on Debian 6

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

MrPresident

Post by MrPresident »

Hi all

It's been a while since the last time i played Spring.

I bought a new computer last week and i get back to Spring after installing Ubuntu 11.10 on it. I played a couple of "chicken" matches and it was fun.

By some other causes i reinstalled it yesterday to Debian 6 Squeeze, and i installed again Spring and Springlobby from the Wheezy repositories:

Code: Select all

dpkg -l | grep spring
ii  spring                               85.0+dfsg1-2                      modern full-3D RTS game engine
ii  spring-common                        85.0+dfsg1-2                      modern full-3D RTS game engine (common files)
ii  springlobby                          0.139-1                           single/multiplayer lobby for the Spring RTS engine
All dependencies were satisfied.

Now i realize this Springlobby version doesn't provide the "Dowloads" tab, which was available on the Ubuntu Springlobby version (from ppa:spring/ppa), and it lacks the functionality to automatically download games and maps to their respective folders, and I must do it myself each time (not too much effor but i was pleasantly shocked with the new Spring functionalities and now I miss it).

Is this a normal situation on Debian? Why is not that feature available on Debian and it is on Ubuntu?

Thanks in advance

PS: (edit) I forgot to mention I spent some time looking for an answer on the forums and i did not found anything.
Last edited by MrPresident on 09 Feb 2012, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
knorke

Re: Springlobby - no "downloads" tab on Debian 6

Post by knorke »

in case nobody knows a solution see here http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=25464 to report it as a bug/feature request
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Iirc debian guys needed us to add a openssl exception to our license to allow the build to link against libtorrent. We technically couldn't do this because not all SL authors could be reached to agree to said license change.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

koshi wrote:We technically couldn't do this because not all SL authors could be reached to agree to said license change.
very nice
MrPresident

Post by MrPresident »

Well, last night i tried to compile version 0.141 from source resolving all dependencies, even the torrent-rasterbar one, and activated the torrent option variable when executing CMAKE.

I compiled succesfully but no "downloads" tab appeared, so i think there could be something more than a "license agreetment".
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

If you've previously run a version without downloads you need to reset perspective from menu
MrPresident

Post by MrPresident »

koshi wrote:If you've previously run a version without downloads you need to reset perspective from menu
Wow, i'll check that. I'll tell you the results.

Thx!
MrPresident

Post by MrPresident »

koshi wrote:If you've previously run a version without downloads you need to reset perspective from menu
Yep! That worked!

Thanks!

Ill leabe here my notes to make them useful for everybody:

Code: Select all

1.- Springlobby version 0.141

2.- Packages (Debian 6 Squeeze stable repositories)
libwxgtk2.8-dev
libopenal-dev
libmpg123-dev
libvorbis-dev
libnotify-dev
libglib2.0-dev
libtorrent-rasterbar-dev
libcurl4-openssl-dev

3.- cmake  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/springlobby -DOPTION_TRANSLATION_SUPPORT=OFF  -DOPTION_TORRENT_SYSTEM=TRUE .

4.- make

5.- make install

koshi
Lobby Developer

Re: [Solved]Springlobby - no "downloads" tab on Debian 6

Post by koshi »

You're very welcome. Also kudos for leaving your notes and marking the thread solved.
aiphee

Re: [Solved]Springlobby - no "downloads" tab on Debian 6

Post by aiphee »

For ubuntu NOTA lobby seems to work fine.

Return to “Linux”