springlobby help !

springlobby help !

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

springlobby help !

Post by 1467 »

i am running Slackware 13.37 x86

i attempted to install with the slackpkg's at http://springrts.com/wiki/Slackware12_install using the Spring-0.82.7.1-Slackware-13.37.0-x86_64.tar.gz
but when i try to run it i get
nate@slackware-desktop ~$ springlobby
bash: /usr/bin/springlobby: cannot execute binary file
nate@slackware-desktop ~$
so i installed spring from source and that worked as expected but when i try to compile springlobby with this http://springlobby.info/slackware/springlobby.tar.gz found at http://projects.springlobby.info/projec ... ackware-13 it make's it to 21% and i get this
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/battleroomtab.cpp: In member function 'void BattleRoomTab::OnFixColours(wxCommandEvent&)':
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/battleroomtab.cpp:692:25: warning: zero-length gnu_printf format string
[ 22%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/src/crc.cpp.o
[ 22%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/src/channel/channel.cpp.o
[ 23%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/src/channel/channellist.cpp.o
[ 23%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/src/channel/channellistctrl.cpp.o
[ 24%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/src/chatlog.cpp.o
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp: In function 'size_t find_tail_sequences(int, const char*, size_t, size_t, wxArrayString&)':
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp:253:36: error: call of overloaded 'wxString(wchar_t, int)' is ambiguous
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:1283:3: note: candidates are: wxString::wxString(const void*, const void*)
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:728:3: note: wxString::wxString(const unsigned char*, size_t)
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:700:3: note: wxString::wxString(const wxChar*, size_t)
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:694:3: note: wxString::wxString(size_t, wxChar)
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692:3: note: wxString::wxString(wxChar, size_t)
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp:254:128: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'unsigned int'
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp:260:101: error: no matching function for call to 'wxMBConvUTF8::MB2WC(wxChar*, char*&, size_t&)'
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/strconv.h:255:20: note: candidate is: virtual size_t wxMBConvUTF8::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, size_t) const
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp: In member function 'void ChatLog::FillLastLineArray()':
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp:307:48: error: no matching function for call to 'wxMBConvUTF8::WC2MB(char*&, const wxChar*&, size_t&)'
/usr/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/strconv.h:256:20: note: candidate is: virtual size_t wxMBConvUTF8::WC2MB(char*, const wchar_t*, size_t) const
/tmp/SBo/springlobby-0.139/src/chatlog.cpp:310:123: warning: format '%lu' expects type 'long unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'size_t'
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/src/chatlog.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
some thing to do with wxGTk or wxPython ? i had both installed so in uninstalled them and reinstalled no luck . so i did the same with dif versions of both and no luck .

thank you for any help
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Re: springlobby help !

Post by BrainDamage »

install the unicode version of wxGtk, what you got there is the ansi, which lacks proper multibyte string support

Post by 1467 »

ty for the help

the compile made it to 74% and i got this
Linking CXX executable springlobby
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.5.2/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [springlobby] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/springlobby.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
some thing with boost ?

Post by 1467 »

not sure what i did but it works now !

ty for the help how do i mark this as solved ?
knorke

Post by knorke »

1467 wrote:how do i mark this as solved ?
if you think this thread might be helpfull to others, you can add it to the FAQ on the wiki or something (just log in and, find a place to put it, and edit)

Return to “Linux”