new (optional) SpringLobby dependency

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

The next SpringLobby release will use libnotify for popup notfications if development headers can be found at configure time.
I ask all package maintainers to please adjust accordingly since these are quite an improvement over the current notification popups.
You can test the changes if you build from my master branch at git://springlobby.info/git/koshi/springlobby.git or this/this
liamdawe

Re: new (optional) SpringLobby dependency

Post by liamdawe »

So that will use ubuntu's notification system is that right?

Who do we talk to about getting ubuntu's spring repo version of SL updated? It's like 2 versions old and i didn't even know.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

liamdawe wrote:So that will use ubuntu's notification system is that right?
Yes.
liamdawe wrote:Who do we talk to about getting ubuntu's spring repo version of SL updated?
If you mean the the ppa, recently it's been myself who pushed new versions there. If you mean the one in universe, that is _very_ unlikely to be updated.
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

koshi wrote:
liamdawe wrote:So that will use ubuntu's notification system is that right?
Yes.
liamdawe wrote:Who do we talk to about getting ubuntu's spring repo version of SL updated?
If you mean the the ppa, recently it's been myself who pushed new versions there. If you mean the one in universe, that is _very_ unlikely to be updated.
I have the ubuntu spring repo loaded in but it does seem to be an old version that's in there compared with the version info on the SL site.

Kudos on using ubuntus libnotify though, will like that a lot :D
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

I don't update the ppa regularly because I do not have an automated process for that (yet).
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

koshi wrote:I don't update the ppa regularly because I do not have an automated process for that (yet).
Glad to hear it's a known issue, looking forward to new updates, the one with libnotify especially - i would help test if needed too :)
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

Got the latest version from the repo now, thanks for the updates :D

Return to “Linux”