Ubuntu Lucid PPA?

Ubuntu Lucid PPA?

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

PTSnoop

Ubuntu Lucid PPA?

Post by PTSnoop »

At the moment, the Ubuntu "PPA for Spring Developers" only supports Hardy to Karmic. Are we going to be getting a Lucid version any time soon?
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: Ubuntu Lucid PPA?

Post by hoijui »

When talking to (possibly-)non-Ubuntu users, use version numbers, not version names. i assume Lucid is 10.04.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yes Lucid is 10.04 and I agree, ubuntu's code names drive me up the wall.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Spring is already in the repos mate.

Just search for it via software centre.
PTSnoop

Post by PTSnoop »

Spring 0.80.5.2 is in the repos, yes. But that version's been out of date since January, and the repo version's not likely to get better any time soon.

I've been using the 9.10 Karmic ppa files, which work ok but give me an error message every time I try to update anything. Since 10.04 Lucid is a long-term release, it makes sense for the ppa to support it rather than stopping at 9.10 (which isn't).
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

No the version in the Lucid repos is the current spring version actually.

Did you search the software centre?

I'm not talking about springs own repository, Spring + SpringLobby is in the ubuntu repos, the current up to date version.

Edit > Heres even a screenshot to show you:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/ ... shot-4.png
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

liamdawe wrote:No the version in the Lucid repos is the current spring version actually.

Did you search the software centre?

I'm not talking about springs own repository, Spring + SpringLobby is in the ubuntu repos, the current up to date version.

Edit > Heres even a screenshot to show you:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/ ... shot-4.png
Thats not the newest version
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

Actually your right i didn't notice it's not the bigfix .1 release.

Still...newer than PTSnoop was on about...so i'm now totally with him on the fact that we need newer spring version!
PTSnoop

Post by PTSnoop »

Hmm, that's odd. I'm looking at Synaptic now, and the packages spring, spring-common and spring-dbg are all version 0.80.5.2-2ubuntu1.

But spring-engine is 0.81.2-0ubuntu1, which is the same version as the PPA for Karmic (which is why I assumed my laptop was getting that package from the PPA rather than the ubuntu repos). And spring works fine with just spring-engine, so why are the spare packages there?
yanom

Post by yanom »

Forboding Angel wrote:Yes Lucid is 10.04 and I agree, ubuntu's code names drive me up the wall.
yah so do the numbers. It should just be 1, 2, 3, 4, not this year.month nonsense. But it's a great OS.

Return to “Linux”