Spring engine never exits

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

Running Ubuntu 9.10 and when i exit a game spring always seems to stay "sleeping" and never actually exit.

Terminal output -> http://pastebin.com/cfS8KfpR
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: Spring engine never exits

Post by KaiserJ »

i've had this problem periodically on both ubuntu and vista; the trick is to go to kill the spring process... not sure why it hangs around sometimes after the game is over
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

I know i have to do that EVERY time it's so annoying, i couldn't even get spring to run on windows 7 though so hey it's better than nothing.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

liamdawe wrote:i couldn't even get spring to run on windows 7 though so hey it's better than nothing.
Please elaborate, im running spring on win7 with 0 problems.
liamdawe

Post by liamdawe »

It doesn't bother me too much since i am on Ubuntu more than Windows7 now anyway due to Ubuntu allowing me to bridge my wireless to the ethernet so my xbox360 can go online (Windows7 refuses to let me share the net grr!).

From what i remember springlobby kept giving an error about a log file, apparently because i install it into program files that was the error, not really sure but i prefer it on Ubuntu anyway.

But let's stick to this threads purpose? I want to fix spring not exiting properly.
Auswaschbar
Spring Developer

Post by Auswaschbar »

Tried disabling pulseaudio?
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

in an other thread the opened with the same topic, i suggested the same, but he updated to Ubuntu 10.04 beta, which for him solved the problem. So yeah.. might have been pulse.

Return to “Linux”