Some brighter news - Page 3

Some brighter news

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

The minimap is still not done and the person who did it has gone missing. The high trajectory can be left out imo.
I miss the BB shell explosion.
Earlier thing said about the unit losing all its HP then turning into metal is a bit unrealistic and looks a bit too sudden if you ask me.
The Blue box in the top middle is too big and should bit a bit more discrete. Also the player easily gets flooded with information in it, so there should be a scroll function, or a tabbed version to allow for information filtering. Like pathfinding related, attack related, build related etc etc. And a function to go to the unit that gave the message would be nice.
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

Perhaps we could also add dark decals to ground when a shot makes a crater. This would be like the bullet holes or dark rings of ash that guns make in Half Life. (Of course, the should go away after you re-fill the terrain with your construction units).
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

Oh, and could we smooth out the camera movement? I know it possible, because the transition to overhead view in video15 looked very good. But apparently general looking around is kind of choppy.
Liam

Post by Liam »

well, these videos are compressed in real time, so you have to take that into account when looking at the mouse movement, but in some of the early spring versions on the site the camera is pretty choppy, i'd also like to see that smoothed out, but it's still not that much of a deal, i just think the SYs are doing great work, and stuff like this isn't really a major issue :)
mongus

forgot to say

Post by mongus »

I guess I forgot to mention the game looks amazing right now!
Keep up the great job!
genblood

Post by genblood »

The 2 new avis look GREAT 8) .... Looking forward to the day it
hits the NET ... When it's released ... I can see alot of people reloading
TA again and playing it again ....

C-O-O-O-L BEANS ..... :wink:
Mars Keeper

Post by Mars Keeper »

Keep High trajectory!

I must have it!
It is great.
Yopachi

Post by Yopachi »

I hearty agree with what Sparkyhodgo said about have scorched earth decals and smoother camera movements... Aside from that this is the most beautiful rts creation(recreation) I have ever seen. Drooltasticly Awsome :lol:
Anonymous Joe

Scorched Earth

Post by Anonymous Joe »

What happens if you have been playing a single smallish map for a long time?

Would there be any land left to build on? this might provide quite a challenge after many nukes and other explosions have turned the playing field into swiss cheese.

Imangine a map made solely of pock marked craters... like the moon but more so.
Redfish

Post by Redfish »

You can't actually destroy the map. It's only moved to a different place. To the rim of the crater. So there will be a map. If you fight for like 3 days. It's possible you get 4 large lakes in the map but in between will be mountains.
Archangel of Death

Post by Archangel of Death »

I can see people deliberately doing that for some kind of "most wrecked map" psuedo-competition. Heck, I'd want to be one of them a couple times, just for the fun of blasting the map as much as possible to see what can be made.
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

Try watching the first vids side by side with the latest one - this is looking absolutely incredible - you should be extremely pleased with how its shaping up.
[K.B.] Napalm Cobra

Post by [K.B.] Napalm Cobra »

Hey, I thought you were dead ephilips?

Note to self, if a want something done right you have to do it yourself.
WillRiker

Post by WillRiker »

ephillips wrote:Try watching the first vids side by side with the latest one - this is looking absolutely incredible - you should be extremely pleased with how its shaping up.
i cant wait for a release. i hope they manage to keep it together after the first few releases
ephillips

Post by ephillips »

[K.B.] Napalm Cobra wrote:Hey, I thought you were dead ephilips?
I'm not dead, I just stopped posting for some reason - I check the website for news a few times a week though (mostly every day) - theres no way I would miss something like this.

I hope it comes out before I get shipped off to uni with a laptop and cant play.

Return to “News”